salad at Biergarten

yaya74

DIS Veteran
Is the salad at Biergarten really as awful as Pete's description in his recent dining review??
I understand German is about meat and carbs. But my family and I do enjoy salad especially at a buffet.
So I hope either the salad is always good but not on the day when Pete and his crew were there, or that Pete has a high standard for salad.

From reviews and pictures... It's salad.

There appear to be several salad options in addition to the standard leafy romaine choice. I've looked at several photos in preparation for making my ADRs for September.

It looks fine and you're unlikely to be disappointed.

Pete appears to be on a diet in that review. That could be his issue? He seems to have an unusually high standard.

The salads are good. I like the green salad & cucumber salad. Don't fret. I find reviewers often feel the need to critique every little thing unnecessarily. Enjoy!

The Unplugged review didn’t even mention the soup which is my favorite thing there. Potato leek, cream of asparagus or beer cheese, it is always excellent especially with the pretzel rolls.

From reviews and pictures... It's salad.

Pete appears to be on a diet in that review. That could be his issue? He seems to have an unusually high standard.

I agree. Biergarten is our go to every trip. We love the variety from salad to dessert. Pete’s palate is a little on the high-end side for some Disney restaurants and his strict diet doesn’t help.
Have a great time!

I’ve eaten regularly at Biergarten for the last 36 years and never encountered anything close to what Pete described.

If you go looking for faults, you’ll end up finding them but if you don’t, you’ll probably never notice them.

They have several different types of salad but not salad as in lettuce in things (that I remember) but salads like cucumber and tomato, cucumber salad, salad with thin slices of sausage, other veggie salads, potato salad, pasta salads, the cold salad section was one of my favorites I really enjoy that part!

The food is fresh and well prepared, it’s a buffet meant to appeal to many! As others mentioned, love the cucumber salad, the German potato salad, cheeses but if I was dieting Biergarten certainly wouldn’t be my first choice. Salad and soup (creamy leek, yum) as my 1st course but honestly I’m there for sausages, sauerbraten, spaetzle, sourkraut, and the desserts! One of 2 buffets we enjoy (Boma being the other) because it offers good German food.

The Dis Unplugged review made me laugh because they couldn’t recall that chocolate cake with cherries is called Black Forest cake.

Biergarten desserts are awesome. Apple strudel with vanilla sauce, Black Forest cake, German chocolate cake—I love them all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter