?'s about Ajoining rooms (ASmov)

tiggerfan6

Wishing upon a star
We are staying at the All Star movies, there are 4 adults and we like ajoining rooms, non smoking and on the first floor. We also are hoping hoping for either the Dalmatians or Toy story building.

1. Are are we being to picky? My aunt has a hard time walking, so 1st floor was her request.
2. Do faxing requests really work??
3. do they even have ajoining 1 st floor non-smoking rooms in either building?

I'm asking now so I can let my aunt down slowly if she doesn't get want she wants.
Thanks in advance!
Erica

Hi. Do you want adjoining - meaning next to each other or connecting - a door inside between the two rooms? I speak from experience about this. You have to use the right word - you won't get an inside door if you say adjoining.

I don't think the non smoking or 1st floor is asking too much. I think getting a particular building with all that added on is tough. OTH, I never have any luck asking for a particular building.

Wait, wait wait! I thought adjoining rooms meant that you were requesting two rooms with a door inside the room. I requested the door in the room and my ressie says "RQST ADJ RMS".

HELP!
Beth :confused:

Karel,

Thank you for clearing up the Ajoining and connecting room !
Yes, we would like connecting rooms.

BTT

Last Nov/Dec, we stayed at the AllStar Movies (for the second time) and we LOVE this hotel!!
My 5 yr old was hoping to stay with "Oddball in 102 Dalmations". There were five of us, including two teenagers who would have their own room. I requested connecting rooms so I would be able to keep tabs on my daughter and her best friend. A few days before we left, I faxed a request for rooms in 101 Dalmations if at all possible.
We were arriving about 1:00 AM, so I was doubtful that we could get our requests (although they did tell me they work with parents when it will be just kids in the other room). Anyway, my 5 yr old had fallen asleep on the ride from the airport, and caught her second wind when she heard the CM say we were in 101 Dalmations!! She danced all the way to the room!!!

In Nov/Dec of 2000, I had requested Toy Story, and even though we had arrived around 10:00 AM, we were given Love Bug. Well, Love Bug was a great location!!! It was very quiet, and a short walk to the food court/bus stop.

I would suggest making the requests, but just don't be set on only that room type or location - that way you don't get disappointed. When we were assigned Love Bug, I was disappointed and we set off for Epcot and I was concerned about the location. Upon our return to the hotel late that night, when we got to our room, we were very happy and really enjoyed our stay.

Good luck!!! This hotel is so cute - you'll have a great time!!!

OK, I just called WDTC and they've corrected my ressie. I now have "connecting" rooms requested - with a door inside the room.

Thanks, Karel, I'm so glad I read your post and realized that my original request was marked incorrectly on the reservation.

Beth :sunny:

I was glad I could do a little something to help out so people would not have the problem we did.

We went Thanksgiving week - planned it four days before we went, suprised the kids. First time we used a travel agent, first time we stayed at All Stars. We were stuck at the airport for five hours because of fog and finally arrived late afternoon, about six hours later than we had planned, totally exhausted. They give us the room numbers, and we hauled our kids and luggage to the rooms only to find out that they are adjoining and not connecting. Since our kids were 8,7, and 6, this would not work. Hauled everyone and everything back to the front desk, finally found connecting rooms which weren't ready yet, so we hauled everyone and everything to the food court for an hour till our rooms were cleaned. Lesson learned.

They are very good about giving families with children connecting rooms. I'm not sure if they can guarantee that with a group of adults though.

Asking for connecting first floor non-smoking rooms wasn't a problem for us. My dad has had double knee replacements and we know after a day of walking the parks that asking him to climb stairs wouldn't be very fun. We simply explained this when we made ressies and since we had kids with us the connecting room was no prob at all.

A hint though, if one of the couples is, uh, noisy, you can hear it through the connecting door. ;)

:earsgirl:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter