RTeetz Gets Marathon Weekend Facepaint: BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!

Which facepaint option do YOU want to see RTeetz sport during Marathon Weekend?

• Total voters

I can attest that the [run]Disney Visa worked fine. Have the multi-charge issues been attributed to certain payment types?

Oh no, what happened, you were charged that many extra times, yikes?

So, I initially used my AmEx and it said “this card cannot be processed” or whatever. So I used my bank card (a Visa) and it processed just fine and quickly.

About 45 minutes later, I started getting AmEx fraud alert texts every five minutes asking if I’d made the charge. I guess the merchant processing kept trying to charge my AmEx, so I had eight pending charges for a race with no registration email.

At that point, all the Centurion line could do to stop the attempted charges was to cancel my GD card, which is awesome since I’m out-of-town and now I can’t get points for my purchases the rest of this trip because #FirstWorldProblem.

Anyway. If I register for another RD race, it’s gonna be with a gift card because there’s a real processing issue happening and I’m concerned about information safety.

So, I initially used my AmEx and it said “this card cannot be processed” or whatever. So I used my bank card (a Visa) and it processed just fine and quickly.

About 45 minutes later, I started getting AmEx fraud alert texts every five minutes asking if I’d made the charge. I guess the merchant processing kept trying to charge my AmEx, so I had eight pending charges for a race with no registration email.
Exact issue I had.

At that point, all the Centurion line could do to stop the attempted charges was to cancel my GD card, which is awesome since I’m out-of-town and now I can’t get points for my purchases the rest of this trip because #FirstWorldProblem.

Anyway. If I register for another RD race, it’s gonna be with a gift card because there’s a real processing issue happening and I’m concerned about information safety.
Wow that sucks, hopefully they'll all disappear today except one that counts to be registered! Did you ever get an email confirmation that you are registered at least after all that?

Yeah, I used a gift card & no issues.

Wow that sucks, hopefully they'll all disappear today except one that counts to be registered! Did you ever get an email confirmation that you are registered at least after all that?

Yeah, I used a gift card & no issues.

Yeah, they reversed all the charges and whatnot but I have to get a new card, which is mildly frustrating since I’m out of town, but whatevs.

I’m glad I did check my registration because none of the info I entered (like PoT) was saved to it.

Yeah, they reversed all the charges and whatnot but I have to get a new card, which is mildly frustrating since I’m out of town, but whatevs.

I’m glad I did check my registration because none of the info I entered (like PoT) was saved to it.
Glad it sounds worked out except having to get a new card.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

After lengthy discussions, @rteetz and I have reached an agreement on the topic of Marathon Weekend Face Paint.

Ryan felt like getting his face painted on Monday should be for more than just our personal enjoyment - and because he has such a kind heart, we're going to leverage this opportunity and do something for the greater good ... raise money for Give Kids The World!!

He has agreed to get his face painted during DATW on Monday if our collective group can raise $500 for GKTW!

Heck, if we raise a certain amount (undecided - AKA semi-decided), maybe I will join in too.

Details to follow, once I work out a contribution method with GKTW!

Just remember - "For the price of one cup of coffee, you can make Ryan get his face painted ..."

#Pandamonium2019

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter