ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

A few live updates. I checked into a club level room on Saturday, 8/17 for a week, and the lounge is still on the 7th floor until Thursday, 8/23. I’ll try to post an update about what it’s like after the move.

Also, we cut through the pool tonight, and Men in Black was playing on a large”ish” screen. I asked in the lounge about a movie schedule, but they didn’t seem to have one, but something could play at sunset.

A few live updates. I checked into a club level room on Saturday, 8/17 for a week, and the lounge is still on the 7th floor until Thursday, 8/23. I’ll try to post an update about what it’s like after the move.

Also, we cut through the pool tonight, and Men in Black was playing on a large”ish” screen. I asked in the lounge about a movie schedule, but they didn’t seem to have one, but something could play at sunset.

Thanks!!!

I read yesterday from someone who got an email saying it was commencing on the 23rd! And will take 2 months, hopefully it won’t take the full 2 months........

Oh I hope they can start showing movies again!!! We did kind of miss them.......:thumbsup2

Hope you have a wonderful stay!!!

Sounds like poolside movies are back. Please let us know if you continue to see movies playing or if you get word on whether they're back for sure. Usually the movie schedule is posted near the entrance gate to the pool, near the towel/water stand.

Sounds like poolside movies are back. Please let us know if you continue to see movies playing or if you get word on whether they're back for sure. Usually the movie schedule is posted near the entrance gate to the pool, near the towel/water stand.
The movie schedule isn’t up yet, but a club staff member said that pool movies started up again, and knew what was scheduled for tonight (LEGO movie?). I’ll take a pic if the schedule is up before I leave.

Thanks for the Club Level Lounge update. We check in CL August 24th-31. We are looking forward to your thoughts of the temporary CL Lounge, if you do get a chance to post before we get there. I suspect from what I hear from people, Royal Pacific will have it set up nicely. I will post how CL lounge is going during our stay. Take care everyone.

Thanks for the Club Level Lounge update. We check in CL August 24th-31. We are looking forward to your thoughts of the temporary CL Lounge, if you do get a chance to post before we get there. I suspect from what I hear from people, Royal Pacific will have it set up nicely. I will post how CL lounge is going during our stay. Take care everyone.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts!!

Reporting back from the temporary lounge! It’s in a private room in the Islands dining room, next to the kitchen. Yesterday they asked to put a special sticker on your room key to gain access, and they’re checking it this morning. The food offerings are the same this morning, but scrambled eggs are a new addition. The relaxation time with beer and wine is from 4-6 instead of 4:30-6:30. There is plenty of seating, but there are no windows, and it’s noisy because of the proximity to the restaurant and kitchen. It all feels a bit cramped. It’s less convenient to your room for sure, but closer for coming and going from outside I suppose. These are just my opinions, but it feels like the free breakfast room at any hotel, rather than a place to relax. That being said, it does not diminish my trip in any way! It’s just different, but the same wonderful staff are here!

Reporting back from the temporary lounge! It’s in a private room in the Islands dining room, next to the kitchen. Yesterday they asked to put a special sticker on your room key to gain access, and they’re checking it this morning. The food offerings are the same this morning, but scrambled eggs are a new addition. There is plenty of seating, but there are no windows, and it’s noisy because of the proximity to the restaurant and kitchen. It all feels a bit cramped. It’s less convenient to your room for sure, but closer for coming and going from outside I suppose. These are just my opinions, but it feels like the free breakfast room at any hotel, rather than a place to relax. That being said, it does not diminish my trip in any way! It’s just different, but the same wonderful staff are here!
That's great to hear. We arrive tomorrow. That sounds fine to me, except for for cramped feeling. Thanks for your posting of information. I will still post my observations while we are there. A great staff like the one at Royal Pacific makes all the difference. We are excited.

Reporting back from the temporary lounge! It’s in a private room in the Islands dining room, next to the kitchen. Yesterday they asked to put a special sticker on your room key to gain access, and they’re checking it this morning. The food offerings are the same this morning, but scrambled eggs are a new addition. The relaxation time with beer and wine is from 4-6 instead of 4:30-6:30. There is plenty of seating, but there are no windows, and it’s noisy because of the proximity to the restaurant and kitchen. It all feels a bit cramped. It’s less convenient to your room for sure, but closer for coming and going from outside I suppose. These are just my opinions, but it feels like the free breakfast room at any hotel, rather than a place to relax. That being said, it does not diminish my trip in any way! It’s just different, but the same wonderful staff are here!

Have you heard anything specific of what all they are doing in the lounge as far as a refurb?

Have you heard anything specific of what all they are doing in the lounge as far as a refurb?

The room will stay the same as far as shape goes, but it will have a new colour scheme.

They will also have cold cabinets for cans and water which guests have been asking about for a long time.......they have taken in guest requests for this upgrade.

From what we have been told, it sounds like it will be lovely when it’s done........

The room will stay the same as far as shape goes, but it will have a new colour scheme.

They will also have cold cabinets for cans and water which guests have been asking about for a long time.......they have taken in guest requests for this upgrade.

From what we have been told, it sounds like it will be lovely when it’s done........

Thanks @schumigirl, I think you were the one that brought these details to us originally!!!

Your awesome!

Soda already chilled will be great!

I’m thinking more along the lines of the new rooms as far as colors and such or shall I say recently refurbished, I think the old lounge and furnishings reminds me of the older rooms.....

I’m so excited for our short trip in December but we maybe changing where we stay per the kids requests, I’m hoping not as I booked a JWS and made special arrangements along with that as a surprise for them and I can’t very well tell them to persuade them or it won’t be a surprise.....:confused3

Thanks @schumigirl, I think you were the one that brought these details to us originally!!!

Your awesome!

Soda already chilled will be great!

I’m thinking more along the lines of the new rooms as far as colors and such or shall I say recently refurbished, I think the old lounge and furnishings reminds me of the older rooms.....

I’m so excited for our short trip in December but we maybe changing where we stay per the kids requests, I’m hoping not as I booked a JWS and made special arrangements along with that as a surprise for them and I can’t very well tell them to persuade them or it won’t be a surprise.....:confused3

Aww thanks!! You`re too kind...…

I hope you do get to keep your surprise for them!!!

They did mention colours and such, but it was very general. I think it`ll be a nice place to be when it`s done, more so than it was before...….I believe the staff will keep the same outfits though so they match Concierge downstairs...….which is a shame as it`s not the nicest or most flattering look particularly for the girls.

It will be pretty I think.

We checked in Club Level Royal Pacific this morning. Room wasn’t ready as it was 10:00am. Front desk staff stated club floor is now in tower 1 on 7th floor because of where temporary lounge is now. I will follow up when our room is ready and I confirm this information. We did drop into the club lounge to check things out and get our bottles of water for the walk to the park.

Thank-you for this thread. I am considering booking for next Thanksgiving week (2019). I have only done Universal once, years ago, and stayed in the Hard Rock. Researching again, now.

Thank-you for this thread. I am considering booking for next Thanksgiving week (2019). I have only done Universal once, years ago, and stayed in the Hard Rock. Researching again, now.

You wouldn’t regret staying at RPR this time around........

It has more of a resort feel about it, and is just about perfect for a break away.......we absolutely love it and can’t find anywhere else we’d rather be.......apart from the odd stay at Sapphire Falls.......

But, good luck researching.......there’s a lot of info out there........and anything we can do to help, ask away.......

Club Level guests are being assigned Tower 1, floor 7. I suspect some are being assigned floor 6 as we have noticed some CL guests entering the elevator from there. The lounge often feels like it will run out of seating but I have observed no one needing a seat. It is smaller than the lounge being refurbished. My family and I are very much enjoying the club level experience.

Club Level guests are being assigned Tower 1, floor 7. I suspect some are being assigned floor 6 as we have noticed some CL guests entering the elevator from there. The lounge often feels like it will run out of seating but I have observed no one needing a seat. It is smaller than the lounge being refurbished. My family and I are very much enjoying the club level experience.

Makes sense, we had friends check in a day after we did that were assigned 6th floor in tower 3. We had originally asked for connecting rooms if at all possible, didn’t work out though funny thing though they were directly below us lol!

Glad you’re enjoying it. Yes, it’s not a huge space down there, but seems to be working by all accounts.......

We’re still going to be in T3 with our usual room, doesn’t take long to get over.........but it’s good to hear you are happy with the experience.........

Makes sense, we had friends check in a day after we did that were assigned 6th floor in tower 3. We had originally asked for connecting rooms if at all possible, didn’t work out though funny thing though they were directly below us lol!

Lol........strange connecting rooms!!

We much prefer the 6th floor so always get that. But, some don’t like it for some reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter