ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Hi there! So excited for our first stay!:cloud9:

Can anyone help with answers to these two questions that I wasn't able to find using the search function:

1) Which tower was the LAST one to be refurbished?

2) The dog friendly guest rooms are on the first floor, but I need to be sure to know which buildings due to a severe allergy. Anyone know the current situation for certain?

TIA!

Hi there! So excited for our first stay!:cloud9:

Can anyone help with answers to these two questions that I wasn't able to find using the search function:

1) Which tower was the LAST one to be refurbished?

2) The dog friendly guest rooms are on the first floor, but I need to be sure to know which buildings due to a severe allergy. Anyone know the current situation for certain?

TIA!

Some floors were last in each tower, so they were really all completed around the same time frame.

Dogs are only allowed in T2 and the bottom 2 floors only.

It’s been that way forever and hasn’t changed.

Hope you enjoy your stay there.......:)

Hi we are staying at RP next August for 5 nights. We are getting 2 rooms. One for stepdaughter and her 2 boys, and one for me, dh and dgd 9. I noticed king suite is only about $500 more and sleeps 3. It has a king bedroom and a living room area w sofa, tv etc. I would want dgd9 to sleep in bedroom portion of suite so me and dh can relax in living room in evening. I also think that space will be nice when all 6 of us want to mingle a bit in the room, or when the 3 kids want to relax together and play or watch tv. My question is, would a twin air mattress fit in the king bedroom? I dont want her on the couch in living room because we want to use it after she goes to bed and dont want to pay $25 a night for roll away. I also dont want her bunking w her aunt and boy cousins in thiere room. Thanks!

I would say think about two Queen rooms and request connecting

Each room with a door inside the rooms so you could go back and forth for visiting

I stay in the king suite
Sofa bed is not all that great

Living room has the sofa which would seat two
One chair with an otter man and one chair for the desk in the living room

If you have the 2 Q room, the gd would have her own bed and no need for a rollaway or air mattress

In the king suite, a blow up mattress would not fit between the king bed and window

On the other side of the bed, you could move the chair to the living room and put a single size air mattress in that section

If you prefer the king suite mainly so
gd can go to bed early and you and spouse want to sit, watch tv, visit, it sounds like a good plan

When I first read your question was not sure if most of your time would be with all 6 of the family in the room most of the time

How early do you think we need to leave RPR by taxi to get to MCO for a flight that leaves at 6:55pm? It is on a Wednesday, but it is the day before Thanksgiving, so maybe rush hour won't be so bad. Thanks.

How early do you think we need to leave RPR by taxi to get to MCO for a flight that leaves at 6:55pm? It is on a Wednesday, but it is the day before Thanksgiving, so maybe rush hour won't be so bad. Thanks.
Whoa, that is always one of the busiest travel days of the year! The ride will only take 25 minutes, but TSA could take hours. With all the terrible reports lately about slow security at MCO and the recommendation to arrive 3 HOURS early, I'd even pad that and arrive 4 hours early if I didn't have pre-check.

No reason to be sad for us. It was fine. We got what we wanted out of it -- express pass and great location. I wasn't expecting a luxury experience. I just was a bit surprised at the ambivalence. As noted, we are just a small sample size.

To be sure, everyone was pleasant while they were telling us "no," and "can't do that." Probably the biggest mess was their decision not to really try to problem solve when their computes were down. They had 50 people in line, and all most of wanted was express pass, and it didn't seem like they had to give everyone the third degree and take 5 minutes per guest just to let us get on with our day. The manager was clearly more worried that someone who didn't have a genuine reservation would get an unentitled express pass than he was worried that he was making people paying upwards of $400 a night for express passes stand around forever fumbling with their phones to prove they had a confirmation e-mail before they would produce the magic keys. That's a pretty big service failure to me, but in the end, theme parks are about waiting and it was just one more line. Fortunately, we were relatively close to the front when the computers went down.

The valet problem? Stuff happens. They seemed like they were trying to work the problem. It was just really crowded and at capacity and I think maybe that taxes everyone a bit.
I'm going through this thread because we are returning again in January 2018. Our previous two stays have each been one night only. This time we're staying 4 nights. Anyway, I'm concerned to read about the computer problem you ran into because that also affected us in August. How common is it that the computer goes down leading to long lines and messed up express pass keys?!

I'm going through this thread because we are returning again in January 2018. Our previous two stays have each been one night only. This time we're staying 4 nights. Anyway, I'm concerned to read about the computer problem you ran into because that also affected us in August. How common is it that the computer goes down leading to long lines and messed up express pass keys?!

I think you`ve been unlucky.........honestly, in all our visits we`ve never had anything like happen........

It`s not a common problem.

The hotel changed providers over the late summer for internet and some other systems I believe, so that was probably the reasons......just a glitch in a new system.

I think something like this can happen anywhere. I'd actually think the fact that they were not well prepared for it suggests it's relatively uncommon, though a couple of people in the express pass lanes made some comments to the effect that it was a thing from time to time. We received temporary keys without barcodes and had to explain that the computers were down at the RP, and they didn't even bat an eye and a few said things to indicate they'd been through the drill before.

The point of my post for whatever it's worth was not to worry that this might happen again -- I just wouldn't really sweat that -- but instead how dreadful the service recovery was.

Hi! We booked RPR CL for late April. It's our first Universal trip and we're all excited! I booked about a month ago because I know it's a busy time of year and I wanted to get something in place, but just circling back to do more research now, so I'm a little "cart before the horse", so to speak...

I'm trying to read as much as I can - great info here, thanks! Now that I'm looking at room categories, the CL rooms seem to have 2 queens or king as room choices - we have a 2 queen room. From what I've read, the rooms are in T3 and mostly the 7th floor, correct? So do they all have a similar view? Is there anything I should consider for room requests? Any advice appreciated!

:thanks:

Hi! We booked RPR CL for late April. It's our first Universal trip and we're all excited! I booked about a month ago because I know it's a busy time of year and I wanted to get something in place, but just circling back to do more research now, so I'm a little "cart before the horse", so to speak...

I'm trying to read as much as I can - great info here, thanks! Now that I'm looking at room categories, the CL rooms seem to have 2 queens or king as room choices - we have a 2 queen room. From what I've read, the rooms are in T3 and mostly the 7th floor, correct? So do they all have a similar view? Is there anything I should consider for room requests? Any advice appreciated!

:thanks:

Some have a highway view and some have a great pool or theme park view. It depends which side of the hall you are on.

I read that one of the stores/ shops at the resorts sells " basic" groceries.

Anyone know what that includes?? Also, any chance that includes milk?

Some have a highway view and some have a great pool or theme park view. It depends which side of the hall you are on.

Thanks! On the website it mentioned something along the lines of upgrading to a "view" with CL but it was unclear if they meant the rooms or the lounge, so I'm guessing the lounge - just wanted to clarify! Thanks!

Thanks! On the website it mentioned something along the lines of upgrading to a "view" with CL but it was unclear if they meant the rooms or the lounge, so I'm guessing the lounge - just wanted to clarify! Thanks!

Ya, as far as I know there is no way to pay for a better view on Club Level. It's just luck of the draw.

Hi everyone! I have just booked a stay for May 2-5 and I am so excited. We have booked a standard king room, and I requested a higher floor at the time of booking. :cloud9:

I was wondering if there is some resource where I can see the locations and possibly room views of the King bed rooms? I want to get a feel for what kind of a view we could expect, and also figure out if it's worth it to ask for a specific building or some other type of request at check in. Anybody have experience with the rooms and any suggestions for requests/other resources to find this info? Are there any standard rooms with "better" views than others?

Thank you!!

Edit: I wanted to add that we would prefer a view of foliage, over a view of a parking lot or the highway!

Last edited:
anybody there now have a club level menu or latest offerings.....thanks.....

One night is Asian which is Asian Kale Salad, Beef and Broccoli stir fry with Teriyaki lo mein noodles

American is Pulled Pork, coleslaw and sweet rolls

Greek night was fish dish with assorted salad

Italian was Rosemary Chicken with pasta dish.

I do have the menu somewhere, but that’s what I remember right now as we don’t really eat the meals.....

But every night they always have one hot dish, a salad, crudités with a dip and assorted cheese and crackers.

Hi everyone! I have just booked a stay for May 2-5 and I am so excited. We have booked a standard king room, and I requested a higher floor at the time of booking. :cloud9:

I was wondering if there is some resource where I can see the locations and possibly room views of the King bed rooms? I want to get a feel for what kind of a view we could expect, and also figure out if it's worth it to ask for a specific building or some other type of request at check in. Anybody have experience with the rooms and any suggestions for requests/other resources to find this info? Are there any standard rooms with "better" views than others?

Thank you!!

Edit: I wanted to add that we would prefer a view of foliage, over a view of a parking lot or the highway!

You can call them and add the request for a pool view. Then you wouldn’t get a highway view

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter