Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

This is why I don't usually gif. I can never live up to @ZellyB.
Yours was a solid effort!!
giphy.gif

But yes, @ZellyB has a gift. ::yes::

OK - everyone's memes and gifs are just too much for me! I can't compete...

But to keep with your awesome theme:

I was getting worried when you hadn't posted for a while...
AND THEN...
I was so excited when I got the alert you had posted!
AND THEN...
I am proud of you for taking on new responsibilities at work!! Congrats!!
AND THEN...
I literally gasped when I read about your accident... I am SO GLAD YOU ARE OK.
AND THEN...
I commiserated with you about this winter. Enough is enough! No more snow!
AND THEN...
I am so happy that you will soon be taking a much-needed vacation. ENJOY!
AND THEN...
The Unicorn. You can try to take Roxy outta the running (stupid driver) but you can't take the running outta Roxy! Great medal!

(I know that this isn't exactly how the "and then" thing works, but I seriously think that's an great concept. Thanks for sharing!)

I am so sorry to hear and so glad that you are okay. The AND THEN sounds like the best advice and wish I would have had that after my accident.
Good for you for going for it at work. I hope it works out great, you enjoy it and is all the better for you. I also hope you have a wonderful time south of the border, relax and have fun sounds like you so deserve that. The Unicorn medal is sweet may have to join you on that. Everyone needs a Unicorn medal in there life.

Yes join me!!! Unicorn medals for a good cause!!

giphy.gif

So basically, this is your new work load:
giphy.gif

New responsibilities are hard, and the adjustment period is difficult. But keep working hard and learning your new responsibilities and I know you'll do great!

Glad you're okay!
I hate hit and run drivers ... how can anyone do that? Makes no sense to me ...
giphy.gif

This is the best attitude. It's so easy to dwell on what was, but ... you have to move forward. Focus on what happens next. I love this!
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

(sorry, I don't do cat gifs. I barely do Harry Potter gifs)

Your gif game power is growing strong!
I feel like life happened quick at me these last few weeks but it's not a bad thing...it's just a lot of things at once!

Okay so @SarahDisney has covered the HP GIFs, so here's one from me:

giphy.gif

Big ol' HUG because I am so glad that you are okay! What a crappy human to just scoot away after hitting you...:furious:

The work stuff sounds...mostly good I think? Overwhelming but good. Good for you for taking on some new stuff. :thumbsup2

It is okay to miss a run or two or three or whatever here and there!! Team roxyfam will come back stronger than ever.

I LOVE your AND THEN stuff - thank you for sharing that. Very timely for me.

And hold on excuse me - UNICORN MEDAL. Will you be doing your make-up with your unicorn palette before you do your run to earn your unicorn medal??

(Look a two-for...caticorn!)
4QMex_s-200x150.gif

Hug!!!

Oh yes...I'm sure unicorn makeup will need to be worn...just maybe after running!
I realize missing some runs is gonna happen...I just don't want to get caught pushing them off as a habit when I'm busy. Coach works really hard on plans for me and I really want to reap the benefits. Just trying not to too feel ashamed of missing runs. Own it and move forward!

tumblr_m599qm8lju1qg09dv.gif

6b9enog.gif

giphy.gif

When-Youre-Trying-Help-Friend-Who-Just-Dumped.gif

NGjC2.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Harry-Potter-flying-car.gif

wayjnp.gif

catching-rainbows-unicorn-cat-meme.jpg

tenor.gif

AND THEN...I totally loved your post and plan to make AND THEN my new mantra in life!!!

200.gif

Bowing down. This was awesome! I've watched that cat getting his dinner gif like 40 times in a row.

This is why I don't usually gif. I can never live up to @ZellyB.

I'll give you first in your age group for gif posting today!

OK - everyone's memes and gifs are just too much for me! I can't compete...

But to keep with your awesome theme:

I was getting worried when you hadn't posted for a while...
AND THEN...
I was so excited when I got the alert you had posted!
AND THEN...
I am proud of you for taking on new responsibilities at work!! Congrats!!
AND THEN...
I literally gasped when I read about your accident... I am SO GLAD YOU ARE OK.
AND THEN...
I commiserated with you about this winter. Enough is enough! No more snow!
AND THEN...
I am so happy that you will soon be taking a much-needed vacation. ENJOY!
AND THEN...
The Unicorn. You can try to take Roxy outta the running (stupid driver) but you can't take the running outta Roxy! Great medal!

(I know that this isn't exactly how the "and then" thing works, but I seriously think that's an great concept. Thanks for sharing!)

I felt bad about being so radio silent but I needed to get myself in order.
And I like how you used AND THEN.

Feel free to use AND THEN at coffee shops too. I'll have a coffee AND THEN whipped cream AND THEN a cookie AND THEN more coffee.

And not just any cat...Pusheen!!! My daughter and niece are crazy for Pusheen.

I love AND THEN!!! I'm definitely going to use this, starting this evening. Mexico sounds like a great place to recharge, and with any luck, maybe the snow will be gone by the time you get back.

AND THEN we will both kick booty on 4/22!
I hope you are right about the snow...I'm ready for spring!!!

PS I'm at 157 lbs so either I'm doing ok with my food or I'm forgetting to eat enough when busy. But happy I'm trending in the right direction.
My Mexico goal is swimsuit with no shorts...just let myself be me and not be afraid to show off my mamathighs :)

I totally can’t top @ZellyB’s meme game. But I did want to say congrats on the work stuff. And then I wanted to say that the fact that your wreck was a hit and run was AWFUL. And then I wanted to say that I’m glad you saw some good humanity too because of the nice project manager. And then I wanted to say that I hope your knee is a less daunting set of colors. And then I wanted to say major props to you for rolling up that capri leg and hitting the gym. No excuses, you got back out there when you could. And then I wanted to say ALL THE UNICORN MEDALS. And then I wanted to send a virtual hug your way. And then I wanted to say how much I love the people who comment on your journal because these posts were all hilarious.

And then I wanted to say thank you for “and then.” We’ve got some heavy stuff going on in our extended family and I’m going to share this with the person in the eye of the storm tomorrow.

And then...

@roxymama so glad you're back and so sorry about all the life stuff getting in the way! Major congrats on the work promotion and happy you're okay after that wreck, people really stink sometimes. I hope you have an amazing time on vacation!
giphy.gif

Also, I cannot stop laughing at the cat jumping fail on @ZellyB's post! :rotfl2:

So glad to read your post roxymama. Glad you are okay and way to crush multiple challenges over the last few weeks. :hug:
Know you will crush what lays ahead as well.
Love "And then..."
Have a wonderful vacation!!!

I have been lurking reading this thread, but wanted to say glad that you are okay. There is nothing worse than an accident and dealing with the aftermath. My job also did the "and then" exercise. And while it sounds silly, it really does work. Hope all your runs go well this week.

Thanks everyone. We've been at airport since 8am but still waiting out the fog in Chicago. Praying they stop delaying out flight. We are up to 1:40pm estimate. We shall see. I'm skeptical that I'll be in Mexico today.
I was gonna post a pic of my gnarly knee while sitting on the beach with a marg. But instead y'all get this
IMG_3321.JPG

Okay, I cannot compete with the amazing GIF posts that were happening. A) I am glad there were no obvious HP spoilers (I am reading book 6 currently) and B) These GIFs all made my day a little better too, so thanks ladies. Haha.
YAY for work stuff, even if it means more responsibilities. That just means you are gonna be even more awesome!
BOO for the accident, but glad you are okay!
BOO for not being able to run as much, but life happens.
YAY for MEXICO!
BOO for fog.
SUPER YAY for Unicorn Medal! I think I need this medal so I think I will join you!
LOVE the AND THEN. Might also need to join you on that, too! Ha.

Okay, I cannot compete with the amazing GIF posts that were happening. A) I am glad there were no obvious HP spoilers (I am reading book 6 currently) and B) These GIFs all made my day a little better too, so thanks ladies. Haha.
YAY for work stuff, even if it means more responsibilities. That just means you are gonna be even more awesome!
BOO for the accident, but glad you are okay!
BOO for not being able to run as much, but life happens.
YAY for MEXICO!
BOO for fog.
SUPER YAY for Unicorn Medal! I think I need this medal so I think I will join you!
LOVE the AND THEN. Might also need to join you on that, too! Ha.

Can I just tell you how excited I was to see you win those sparkle skirts on IG! I freaked out cause I know you from here!!!! #celebrity

LOL! I saw your comment on IG and read it in Buddy the Elf's voice.

Success!!! It's how I intended it.

Flight update: still here and eating French fries and praying for the 1:40 to stay put. Never mind...2:40pm. If I can get in a pool by midnight it will still count, right?
There are less than a dozen flights not cancelled so pray for ours!

Cancelled! Welp would have been nice. Hubby is going into AND THEN mode for maybe arrival late tomorrow and leave Sunday. Not fun.

Sometimes life just doesn't work out right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!