Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

There aren't words to make this kind of loss better, but all the same I'm so sorry you're going through it. Sending you my hope for peace, strength, and the time and space you need to process all of this.

Than you all for your kind words! Tomorrow I will be making one reservation for an afternoon tea for WDW in January. On the 19th I'll be registering for at least the half marathon and I'll see if my dad or sister want to be my travel buddy (or both) for a brief getaway.

I've ran. And I run again tomorrow. Sunday I have a blind run to see where I'm at with my training and I know whatever the lap times say will be okay.

Hugs to you all.

I like that! Much fancier than the blue painters tape I used.
I've been stealing my kiddos stickers for a long time now :)

So ... was it impressive? (I'm guessing it probably was because you're awesome!)

Totally forgot to update y'all. I was doing that thing where I take a shower and don't know if I've stopped sweating or not afterwards. My first two miles were way fast (meaning 10:30 to 10:45 vs the asked 11:05...so I guess not too crazy) and then I settled in but still first 4 miles were ahead of pace by a lil. It was sooooo hot. 87 deg. I wore a Nathan belt for first time and drank so much water. My last mile ended up 12:38 because I stopped for water bottle refill and forgot to pause.

My mom was definitely watching my run because of a few music choices that popped up. It was a tad bit cathartic.

My very first 5k race was just a few days after I found out my mom had cancer. And she told me to go and run. That she'd be fine and I had worked so hard. And she was so excited that I finished.
I don't think it's a coincidence that my running journey has progressed during some really tough times for my mom and family. And yet she was there for me and YOU were all there for me. I needed you guys not just to get me to 6.2 and 13.1 (and soon 26.2) but to distract me with fun, root for me when it seemed hard, and enable me...I mean...encourage me to persist.
I was moved by the kind gesture my rundisney teammates/friends made for my family by sending flowers and a donation. They are gorgeous and my mom would have loved them. I'm passing along the love by putting them in vases and given them to the senior center by my parents house where my mom would play bingo.
You guys are amazing! @Keels please pass along my gratitude to everyone who chipped in.

Time for some rest from a long day. Then some peaceful miles. My mom hasn't been very mobile in a long time but now she can run Chicago and Disney with me and all of us :)

IMG_4189.JPG

My very first 5k race was just a few days after I found out my mom had cancer. And she told me to go and run. That she'd be fine and I had worked so hard. And she was so excited that I finished.
I don't think it's a coincidence that my running journey has progressed during some really tough times for my mom and family. And yet she was there for me and YOU were all there for me. I needed you guys not just to get me to 6.2 and 13.1 (and soon 26.2) but to distract me with fun, root for me when it seemed hard, and enable me...I mean...encourage me to persist.
I was moved by the kind gesture my rundisney teammates/friends made for my family by sending flowers and a donation. They are gorgeous and my mom would have loved them. I'm passing along the love by putting them in vases and given them to the senior center by my parents house where my mom would play bingo.
You guys are amazing! @Keels please pass along my gratitude to everyone who chipped in.

Time for some rest from a long day. Then some peaceful miles. My mom hasn't been very mobile in a long time but now she can run Chicago and Disney with me and all of us :)
There are times when our family members who have passed away are much closer to us than we realize.

View attachment 337643

:grouphug:

Well this week was A LOT of mileage. I think this week more than any other was like "oh so this a person training for a marathon". But the weather was helpfully not crazy hot (and a lil rainy and shady at times). The humidity made sure to come to play though.

Thursday I did 51 min instead of 57 because I ran outside in the dark with no watch (forgot to charge it) so I know I did my WU and CD way faster than supposed to.
Here's my weekend runs. 6 miles just a few seconds shy of my goal pace and 10 miles just now at 10:50 vs 11;05 goal pace. I'm feeling ok that I'm keeping up :) We will see if my legs are tired tomorrow (my guess is they might be...I feel good albeit sweaty now)

IMG_4217.PNG
IMG_4218.PNG

Now do that again and then 6.2 more...I think I need to keep training!
Vanilla gel at 45 min. Mocha with 50 mg caffeine at 8 miles. And lots and lots of water.

One more week until vacation and maybe hubby joining me on runs.
I also can't wait to catch up on everyone's journals. I hope the plane has wifi!!

This is not running related, but since I bought it to wear on my trip for rundisney in January...

I really wanted this backpack but it has been sold out for what feels like forever since I saw it featured on a disney blog. And earlier today while looking for gift ideas for someone else I decided to peak at it and I saw the ADD TO CART button beckoning me!!! I didn't even hesitate. So merry Christmas in July to me???

5a58703a9e26010001103f1e-image_5c6b868d.jpeg

Sigh...it's so beautiful. I don't even care that it's Disneyland and not WDW...because I love me some disneyland too.

Now if only I had decided to collect the little vinyl blind boxes from this series back when they were only a few bucks vs the nonsense on ebay.

And thus ends my "running" post for the day.
PS it's on disneystore or the parks app if you like it and are enabled.

This is not running related, but since I bought it to wear on my trip for rundisney in January...

I really wanted this backpack but it has been sold out for what feels like forever since I saw it featured on a disney blog. And earlier today while looking for gift ideas for someone else I decided to peak at it and I saw the ADD TO CART button beckoning me!!! I didn't even hesitate. So merry Christmas in July to me???

5a58703a9e26010001103f1e-image_5c6b868d.jpeg

Sigh...it's so beautiful. I don't even care that it's Disneyland and not WDW...because I love me some disneyland too.

Now if only I had decided to collect the little vinyl blind boxes from this series back when they were only a few bucks vs the nonsense on ebay.

And thus ends my "running" post for the day.
PS it's on disneystore or the parks app if you like it and are enabled.

I'm trying to catch up on training journals and so happy to see your progress - congrats on the training! Since @DopeyBadger plans are the best, I have no question that Chicago will be fantastic for you! And regardless of the weather or circumstances, you'll know you had the best plan behind you. :) I will be cheering for you from the north as I run Lakefront that morning!

But forget about running - this BAG! Fantastic. Absolutely wonderful. Headed to beach and DL next month after oldest son's college drop-off, so I need to go check out this bag right away!

Last edited:
My tempo tonight...the WU was fine and the first two miles felt very effortful but I was doing it and came in at 10:15 and 10:10 and I was like "why does this feel harder than it should"
Then somewhere in my middle or second to last mile I kinda felt strong and hit 9:53. My legs said "hey we are kinda tired maybe stop that" and my last was 10:13. So I think i did good but I'm feeling the cumulative fatigue. This is why there are rest days after hard days, right.
For those playing at home it was marathon tempo 10:18 goal.

One more work day until a much needed vacation. Stay tuned for updates about non Disney parks :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter