Roundup Rodeo BBQ - Who's Planning On Going?

Roundup Rodeo BBQ - Are you going to try an get an ADR?

• Yes - March or April

Votes: 32 10.6%
  • Yes - May

Votes: 55 18.2%
  • Yes - June

Votes: 46 15.2%
  • Yes - July

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Yes - August

Votes: 27 8.9%
  • Yes - September

Votes: 15 5.0%
  • Yes - October

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Yes - November

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Yes - December

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • No - I will not try to get an ADR for this restaurant this year.

Votes: 76 25.2%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Tomorrow is the big day for this new restaurant.
I originally wasn't planning on attempting to get into this place, but now I'm changing my mind.
My DD19 and I will be there 6/6 - 6/11 and we decided that even though we don't love the menu, we still want to go for the experience. I have a gut feeling we may not get in, but hey....it's worth a try.
My day to make ADRs is April 7th - I will be ready at 4:45am my time - hopefully it'll be a magical day for me - LOL!!! :wizard:

My question to you all.......If you are planning on going to WDW this year (2023) will you try to get into this restaurant?

I already have 2 sit down meals scheduled for my HS day for our May trip so no go for us this time around...it truthfully looks a bit overstimulating in there honestly

No because I know it's most likely going to be mediocre BBQ that is very overpriced. I also don't feel like eating said mediocre BBQ in the Toy Story Mania queue.
I agree with the bold - I’m concerned it will be this way.

I laughed at the italicized - that pretty much sums it up - LOL!!

I’m ok with it though, just to give it a try. I do have a gut feeling it’ll be a one and done.

How is it the only park I already eat mostly table service (with choices) is the one that needs another?

DS will love it so I'll likely try to book and check it out. Menu, especially salads and sides are quite disappointing but most Disney food is so nothing new. Disney food overall is mediocre and overpriced so it will have to win on theme.

Last edited:
How is it the only park I already eat mostly table service (with choices) the one that needs another?

DS will love it so I'll likely try to book and check it out. Menu, especially salads and sides are quite disappointing but most Disney food is so nothing new. Disney food overall is mediocre and overpriced so it will have to win on theme.
I’m glad I’m not the only one that thinks that way. Outside of this RRBQ, I’m going to try and get Hoop Dee Doo, Kona Cafe and that’s it. Even the last time we went to ‘Ohana’s I was disappointed.

I managed to snag a reservarion for next week
Questions ~

1) Not sure if it has been clear ... is it all you can eat?

2) Desserts are confusing. Disney Parks Blog says "Choose from a selection for the table" and Menu says "Chuckwagon Desserts (Select One Each Per Guest)". Hoping it is the second but what does choosing for table mean??

3) Are Desserts really as tiny as they look in photos?

I’m glad I’m not the only one that thinks that way. Outside of this RRBQ, I’m going to try and get Hoop Dee Doo, Kona Cafe and that’s it. Even the last time we went to ‘Ohana’s I was disappointed.

Not that the food was ever spectacular but now the price goes up while the quality goes down. Most places I walk out feeling quite ripped off, even places I used to feel good about. We used to slide over to Epcot for dinner every night and now I can't think of one place I care about returning to. While it's hard not to grab those ones we always wanted, especially hard ones that pop up ... but then I think about value to price, and let them go.

I've given 'Ohana way too many chances and I'll give them this, they are consistent at disappointment. NEVER had a good server and the food, ya no. Hoop Dee Doo was fun and we enjoyed the food but know you are paying for the show ... and that is where I'm at ... if there is no high theme or atmosphere, I'm not wasting my money. And even something cool like Space 220, twice and done unless I get Lounge.

I'd rather save all that food money and use it towards Rose & Crown Fireworks Dining or Artist Point Storybook Dining. Something that gives us a memory. This might be a once and done, it might just look like Toy Story Mania queue but willing to give it a try. I would really love if they added a breakfast.

Regrettably my daughter is 10 so is a Disney adult but still eats like a pigeon so most likely not for our June trip. I could try to sneak in solo (like I do Biergarten) but I can only go to the well with this notion once a trip...so I will probably do Biergarten again.

Edit- will there be a lounge? Sorry if this info is out there...we can pop in and have a drink and sample maybe?

Questions ~

1) Not sure if it has been clear ... is it all you can eat?

2) Desserts are confusing. Disney Parks Blog says "Choose from a selection for the table" and Menu says "Chuckwagon Desserts (Select One Each Per Guest)". Hoping it is the second but what does choosing for table mean??

3) Are Desserts really as tiny as they look in photos?

Not that the food was ever spectacular but now the price goes up while the quality goes down. Most places I walk out feeling quite ripped off, even places I used to feel good about. We used to slide over to Epcot for dinner every night and now I can't think of one place I care about returning to. While it's hard not to grab those ones we always wanted, especially hard ones that pop up ... but then I think about value to price, and let them go.

I've given 'Ohana way too many chances and I'll give them this, they are consistent at disappointment. NEVER had a good server and the food, ya no. Hoop Dee Doo was fun and we enjoyed the food but know you are paying for the show ... and that is where I'm at ... if there is no high theme or atmosphere, I'm not wasting my money. And even something cool like Space 220, twice and done unless I get Lounge.

I'd rather save all that food money and use it towards Rose & Crown Fireworks Dining or Artist Point Storybook Dining. Something that gives us a memory. This might be a once and done, it might just look like Toy Story Mania queue but willing to give it a try. I would really love if they added a breakfast.
The all you can eat question is a good question - I was thinking it’ll be like Garden Grill, but maybe I’m wrong. I’d like to know this too.

I just looked at this earlier today….

7E65DFE9-08AA-4514-A89D-E26F4D4C93A2.jpeg

I’m reading it as each person chooses one. I watched the media day for this restaurant and the pies are in a jar. They didn’t seem huge, but enough for me. I probably would get the cupcake, just because it’s fun - LOL! I’m not gonna lie - I’m like a big kid - LOL!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest