• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rory's Birthday Trip Day 2

JulieH

Mouseketeer
DAY 2- MONDAY 6TH JUNE 2005

Everyone was awake by 7(some earlier than others!). We had a booking for Café Mickey at 7.30. We walked by the lake and it started to rain as we went. The breakfast was good with 8 different characters, so we got lots of autographs and plenty of photos were taken . We’d bought the autograph book the evening before and my sister had sent a big orange pen for DS to use which the characters seemed to like, especially Goofy who wanted to take it as it was the same colour as his jumper. We hadn’t told DS about the character breakfast( just said we had to be somewhere by 7.30, he only guessed when we got to Café Mickey). We left the café just before 9 and went back to the hotel to swap the fleeces we’d had on for waterproofs.

DS decided that it was his choice of what to do, so Studio here we come. It rained all day so we tried to do most of the inside things. The first ride we did was RnR which was a walk on, of course I’d left Simon’s book in the hotel so it was a bit of a shock to all 3 of us (DS had to be rewarded for doing the ride by getting the pin).We watched the Lilo & Stitch Catch the Wave Party and were enjoying it but then it was cancelled due to the rain. Cruella De Vil was also cancelled that day. We had lunch at Restaurant en Coulisse and enjoyed it. We did a few more rides , the Studio Tram Tour stopped due to “technical difficulties” when we were nearing the front of the queue so we managed to get a note to allow us back on later without having to queue again . We went to the Stunt show which we all enjoyed and then we went back to the Tram tour and enjoyed it (especially as it was DH who got wet!!). DS had bought a pin trading starter set that morning so he was quite pleased when a CM there traded with him. We left the studio just after 5 to go to Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show in the village. (We’d intended to go back to the hotel before this but we had run out of time).

We got to Buffalo Bill’s and were very near the front of the queue for this. When we went in we got tickets for row 1 in the red section. DS loved the hat as he’d seen people with them the evening before but didn’t realise that everyone got one. We had a drink at the bar and then enjoyed the music and other entertainment. We really enjoyed the show, DS loved all the clapping and cheering at the beginning to get you in the mood (and the banging of cutlery). All our cheering for Kansas didn’t work as the yellow team (forgot their name) won .We decided that this had been well worth the money. DS had wanted to do this when he saw it in the brochure but we didn’t tell him until we went to queue for it. We told him that we couldn’t get it for his birthday but this was his birthday treat now. He accepted this so it meant the next day which was his actual birthday he wasn’t expecting anything. We walked back to the hotel , I think the rain might have stopped by then and we were all in bed by 10.30. More soaps in the room ( I liked this bit).

Lovely second installment, Julie! :flower: I enjoyed reading this.

It sounds like you had a great day, despite the rain, and I can imagine Rock 'n' Rollercoaster must've been a bit of a shock if you weren't expecting it!

I also found it amusing that the maids left new soaps every day. I wonder where all the slightly-used ones go!

Looking forward to reading about Rory's birthday. ::MickeyMo

We never actually used the soaps, I just kept popping them into the suitcase. I've been giving them to friends and relations as pressies (we ended up with 5 lots).

Hehe! I considered doing that but didn't think they'd replace them if they couldn't find the partially-used ones! Did they replace the larger bath soap and shower gel, too?

Sounds like you had a great day! :flower:

JulieH said:
We never actually used the soaps, I just kept popping them into the suitcase. I've been giving them to friends and relations as pressies (we ended up with 5 lots).
We did the same thing. :rotfl: We brought a non-Disney soap with us and put it away when we left for the park each day. The DLP soaps are a lot nicer and better quality than the WDW ones.

JulieH said:
I won't make the predictable remark about the Scots being mean - oh, I just have!!! :rotfl2: Only joking!!! :rotfl: We do the same - well they are very sweet and you don't get much free from Disney!!!

I think we all got such a shock at the speed of 'take off',and then when it did the corkscrew !! DS and DH were in the front of the car with me behind. I braced myself when it did the countdown but I don't think DS did and he seemed to hurt his back and shoulder. He was crying when we got off and looked at our photo.The CM on the photos was very concerned that he was ok. We had to buy it to prove we'd done the ride (and survived).We joked each time when we walked past it later in the week that we'd do it again but we didn't. Maybe next time we go?!

What a lovely day - but a shame about the rain. I really must try BB next time!

Great trip report. Seems everyone had a lovely time in spite of the rain.

Di - remember it was Scots who invented copper wire. Two men fighting over a penny. Fa's like us :rotfl:

Reid

Cyrano said:
Great trip report. Seems everyone had a lovely time in spite of the rain.

Di - remember it was Scots who invented copper wire. Two men fighting over a penny. Fa's like us :rotfl:

Reid
Please can you translate this into English for me????????????????????? :rotfl:

This is a great report. You sound like you made the most of it in spite of the weather.

We save the soaps for GKTW This is a charitable association in orlando who sponser children who have life threatening illnesses. i know someone who goes there and she takes whatever soaps etc.i can accumulate through the year.

the web site is www.gktw.org if you wanted to look.

nikki

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter