• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rory's Birthday Trip Day 1

JulieH

Mouseketeer
DAY 1 - SUNDAY 5TH JUNE 2005

Cast -Me, Julie(39), DH, Tommy(48), and DS, Rory ( 8 when we went, 9 when we came back).

Everyone was awake by 5.45 as we were all too excited. Left the house at 7am for the journey to Newcastle Airport. Arrived there and after getting rid of the car we went for breakfast (the butterflies had left by now so the stomachs were a bit empty). DS kept looking at the monitor for the check in for the flight so we ended up being 3rd in the queue. Once we had done this we went up to departure and had a wander around the shops. A new gameboy game was just the thing to keep DS mind off things ( first flight, and first time abroad too). We had a good flight , DS had the window seat and really enjoyed the flight, couldn’t wait for the seatbelt signs to go off so that the gameboy could go back on. The plane was really small, only 2 seats either side of the aisle.

Once we got to CDG we found the Vea bus (after a slight problem trying to find the bus queue and mutters of next plane back to Newcastle). Nice trip to DLP, we could see the Balloon in the sky as we got there. Got to the Newport Bay Club and checked in. The CM on reception, (Cindy ) was very good, she didn’t go through all the vouchers for the character breakfast and all the other things I’d booked (DS was at my elbow and all the things were a surprise to him). She just told me to check them and let her know if there were any problems (not that there were).We had room 1372, which was nice if a little ”tired” looking ( a few feltpen scribbles on the wallpaper). We loved the soaps in the bathroom too.

We then realised that apart from the bacon sandwich at the airport and the ½ cheese roll on the airplane we’d had nothing all day so first stop was Annette’s Diner for something to eat. We had a lovely meal and then went up to the park for the last hour or so. We looked around Fantasyland and had a few rides. There was light drizzle now but it didn’t stop us. When the park closed we went back to the hotel. This time we walked through the village and past the lake (we’d taken the shuttle bus in just until we got our bearings).We had a drink in the bar and then went back to the room to unpack and were all in bed by 10.30.

after a slight problem trying to find the bus queue and mutters of next plane back to Newcastle

:teeth:

Thanks for sharing - looking forward to the rest. :flower:

You were lucky there Julie, imagine if the CM had gone through everything and spoiled the surprise for your DS! Looking forward to part 2.

Yes, we had booked the Buffalo Bill's show and also the birthday tea party amongst other things. I hope that when she saw birthday she realised it was for him(that and me nodding my head and looking down at him). It was good though as he had a surprise for most of the days.

Lucky Rory. :) And yes, I agree that it's great that the CM didn't spoil the surprise! That would've been a shame!

Looking forward to reading more! :goodvibes

Looking forward to hearing about your son's big day!

Rhiannon :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter