Rope dropping worth it?

If you’re staying at a Disney resort or other qualifying hotels, you get a 30-minute head start over non-resort guests. This can make a big difference when rope-dropping the most popular rides.

I rope dropped Magic Kingdom one time. I was staying at Wilderness Lodge and so rode the boat over to MK and made it to early entry, got to very close to the front of the crowd at the entrance to Fantasyland, and waited. When the rope dropped they announced that Space Mountain, Mine Train, and Peter Pan's Flight were all opening late. I don't recall when those rides opened, but it was well after the normal park opening time. I realize this was an anomaly, but rides opening late happens quite frequently, all things considered.

I will NEVER rope drop again, at least not with the intention of riding something first thing.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest