• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room Service Tipping

montblanc

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Been reading some posts and wondered what was the best system. I lived in Europe and the style there is to leave a tip at the end of the stay. Now I hear personnel may change (makes sense) so tipping every day may be a better solution.

Lastly...how do you leave the tip? Do I just put it somewhere obvious in an envelope marked "MouseKeeping Tip"?

You are correct that the same person may not do your room every day so a daily tip is recommended.
The "Mousekeeping" envelopes work really well, as will any regular envelope as long as it is marked for the housekeeper (mousekeeper).
I read a long time ago to leave the envelope on the toilet seat cover. This way you can be sure it will be seen. I have used this strategy and it has worked out fine.

Hmm tipping... this is something I haven't considered yet. I'm leaving next sunday too! Let's see... we are gonna need a tip for the:

1) town car ride to the wilderness lodge (no idea)

2) bell boy (dollar a bag?)

hmm probably others I can't think of..

But what is a the recommended amount for a stay at the hotel for "mousecleaning"?

I usually leave $1/person a day. We are usually pretty neat and don't give mousekeeping a lot of work.

This is my first time posting, so I apologize if this comes out wrong.:rolleyes:

The last time I went to Disney (Oct. 2002), we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. I left a "Mousekeeping" tip every day. It was never collected. Reading these posts, it must just have been missed, although it seems hard to believe that it wouldn't have been seen for 10 days!

Thanks for the tip about leaving it on the toilet seat! When we go in a few weeks , I'll be sure to keep that in mind! :earsboy:

Welcome to the Dis and Adult/Solo Board, <b>Steanne</b>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter