Room request for Copper Creek?

Anal Annie

at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't help it
So we had a waitlist come thru for a split stay for our summer trip at Copper Creek. Still have a waitlist for the rest of our trip but if it doesn't come thru we'll be OK with a 4 n / 4 n split. First timers there tho...got a studio with a walk-in shower...haven't really followed too many threads about CC - anything I should be aware of for room locations? Do the rooms have pool views or woods views or what do most look at? What is this "alternate layout" or whatever that I've seen mentioned? Is there a wide variety of views there? Looking forward to trying a new resort!

Oh and about how often do they declare more units? I heard they recently declared more - I wondered if that's possibly how my one waitlist came thru? Do you think they might declare more between now and July? Will this increase my odds of the waitlist coming thru??

Last edited:
I requested a high floor and wish I didn't. I got the top floor, but the top floor balconies are 'enclosed' within the roof (see picture below). This made the room pretty dark in my opinion.

villas-disneys-wilderness-lodge-13280.jpg

Actually it is the 6th floor on the Copper Creek wing that has the dormer balcony. We had one last November, studio 6122. The above photo is of the Wilderness Lodge wing. Our room was not dark, but we could not see anything other than sky when sitting on our balcony.

CCV 6122.jpg
IMG_3814.jpg
You can see the sunshine on the bed in the mornings.

We were on the 7th floor. Not sure if it’s the dormer, but whatever it was it was enclosed on all sides and pretty dark inside.

We requested a pool view and we got a room all the way up by the lobby without much of a view.

:earsboy: Bill

We were on the 7th floor. Not sure if it’s the dormer, but whatever it was it was enclosed on all sides and pretty dark inside.

Those are the rooms closest to the lobby. With three sides of the resort surrounding the area that is lots of shade, so I can see it being darker. See the map on the first page for the 7th floor.

When we checked in back in October, we got a 7th floor room. I asked to be changed because I had heard about the balconies. We ended up on the 4th floor overlooking the Boulder Ridge Cove pool. We loved the location!

ETA--We were in a studio with walk-in shower, too. I can't remember the room number, but we were about halfway down after the turn. (I think the turn is where the alternate studios are, but I don't know much about them.)

Last edited:

We just got back and had a one bedroom. It was on the 4th floor about half way down the hall facing the new pool, which is great. If there are studios at the end of the hall they should have the best views, I would think.

I have requested a high floor in my online checking but I’m now worried I will get the top floor!

Did email member services and requested a Copper Creek pool view. We are also in a studio with walk in shower.

Last edited:
We requested a high floor lake view. We were on the 6th floor in the room at the very end of the hallway. We had the dormer balcony which didn’t bother us too much since we were there during a huge cold snap in December and didn’t really use the balcony. The one night it was warm enough while standing we had an amazing electric water pageant view. The positive was the room was very quiet. I think next time I will request closer to an elevator.

Thanks guys. Maybe I should just take pot luck like Sammie did?! I don't know what the turn is that DisneyStarWisher mentioned. We have come to love a particular first floor studio in the Paddock section of SSR...I used to always request higher floor but we've really come to like the first floor there...I wonder if all of the walk-in shower studios are located in the same area of the building or scattered?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter