ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
#ROFRDAY20 - so in the middle of my WAITING, I've probably done more research than I should have.. it's like going to WEB MD when you have a cold and then discovering everything else that's wrong too... Ha.. anyway... looking at some of the more popular sites.. it seems that December seems to be the most popular UY for resale and Apr/Aug seems to be the least (at least concerning AKV) is there any rhyme/reason for this? My bid that I"m waiting on (first time buyer) is for June, and if wanting to add on points I now understand it best to use same UY, do you think June would be a problem? Thanks ALL!!!!

I would wager that’s the same mental process that many of us who regularly follow this board went through the first time we purchased. Warning - Some of us ended up owning one (or many) more contracts down the road.

Ok, need some input here please.. I thought I was being reimbursed/credited for 2018 dues.. turns out that the 2018 dues are being banked into 2019, 2017 dues already banked in 2018 and will expire 31 May 2019.. but the seller is asking me to reimburse them for dues.. so I would have 2,160 in dues do at closing for 320 points instead of 1080 due for dues at 160 points.. does this seem normal? seems odd to me.. help??? thank you however, now that means that by closing I need to figure out how to get another $1K that I wasn't planning on...Update - cancelled contract....

Last edited:

Ok, need some input here please.. I thought I was being reimbursed/credited for 2018 dues.. turns out that the 2018 dues are being banked into 2019, 2017 dues already banked in 2018 and will expire 31 May 2019.. but the seller is asking me to reimburse them for dues.. so I would have 2,160 in dues do at closing for 320 points instead of 1080 due for dues at 160 points.. does this seem normal? seems odd to me.. help??? thank you however, now that means that by closing I need to figure out how to get another $1K that I wasn't planning on...

You typically need to pay for 2019 dues - at this time of year they might require you to pay this at closing/escrow. You can negotiate paying of 2018 dues - normally banked points you do not pay dues on but really depends what seller/buyer negotiate

If it is not in your contract that you pay 2018 dues, then seller pays them. It sounds like they are trying to rewrite the contract after you have already signed? If you haven't signed, I would just say no. That is what we did.

I would definitely not want topay the 2017 dues...it's going to be very hard to use them. May is only 6 months away and you haven't even closed yet.

We are in ROFR for a resale contract we are buying for Boardwalk and it spells out very clearly what we need to pay for (only the unused 2019 points). Look at your contract and see what it says.

We are in ROFR for a resale contract we are buying for Boardwalk and it spells out very clearly what we need to pay for (only the unused 2019 points). Look at your contract and see what it says.
copy all and thanks.. the concern here was in an email it said congrats, reimbursed, etc.. which I took for me being reimbursed since I won't really get to use them.. however, when I reviewed the contract, it stated $2160 for maintenance fees, which lead me to ask, hey? I thought I was being credited for that amount? Nope, expecting me to reimburse seller for that amount.. so... trying to re-negotiate now, if not, I'm out.. but lesson learned here on loaded contracts as I'm new to this and didn't see that coming

copy all and thanks.. the concern here was in an email it said congrats, reimbursed, etc.. which I took for me being reimbursed since I won't really get to use them.. however, when I reviewed the contract, it stated $2160 for maintenance fees, which lead me to ask, hey? I thought I was being credited for that amount? Nope, expecting me to reimburse seller for that amount.. so... trying to re-negotiate now, if not, I'm out.. but lesson learned here on loaded contracts as I'm new to this and didn't see that coming

Yeah try re-negotiate. Anytime you see reimbursed it means - if extra points buyer pays - if its less points (i.e. no 2019 points) seller pays. Good luck!

If it said reimbursed then that would mean you are reimbursing the seller who has already paid something. You haven't paid anything yet, so you can't be reimbursed anything. Had it said credited, then that would be money coming to you.

I have three different resorts and three different use years spread across four membership numbers and 8 contracts. I can tell you from personal experience that it does make it much easier when you have your contracts in the same use year and in the same account number. The resort is not as important as the use year and account number. Why? Well one problem is if you're trying to book a resort and you don't have enough points in one contract. If you have two or more contracts in the same use year in the same membership number/account number, then, if they are at the same Resort, you can take points from any of the contracts at the 11-month window to book a reservation. And, at 7 months you can take points from any contract from any Resort, even different resorts, to make a booking at the seven-month window. If they are not in the same membership number, in other words if they are in different accounts, even if they're the same use year, and tge same resort, then you will need to call membership services and transfer points. Once these points are transferred you will not be able to see them on the member website. You will not be able to manipulate them and use them to make reservations from the member website. To use them you will always have to call membership services because the online program does not handle transferred points. And keep in mind you can only make one transfer per year. This becomes somewhat limiting and makes it more difficult, time consuming, and decreases your ability to book tight reservations by going to the website early in the morning before membership services is even open.

Is it essential that they all be in the same membership / account number?. No it is not essential. As I said I have several different accounts and I use them. However it is more cumbersome more difficult and less flexible, so if you can get them in the same account, which means they have the same use year, whether or not they are at the same Resort, then it will just be easier for you.
Great info. Thanks

KimmyD, almost all resorts are available to purchase direct from Disney:thumbsup2 For most resorts, you may have to go on a waitlist :goodvibes There are a couple of resorts that have closed waitlists for direct purchase ~ I believe Grand Floridian is one :( Disney pushes Copper Creek and Aulani at the moment and they are very closed mouth about availability of the other resorts so you just have to firmly let them know what resort you want ::yes:: When you tell them that you are only interesting in buying one of the other resorts or you won't buy at all, you can be very sure they will find a way to get you that resort :rotfl2:

Mlittig -:worship: I wanted to thank you for your information. We decided to go direct for OKW and within 3 DAYS we had the exact contract we wanted! We booked our vacation for next year within the next 48 hour!!:D
If I had not read your post my husband and I would have never known. Thank you so much! :thanks: I am still very interested in the new Riviera, but we will see. Not a priority.

Mlittig -:worship: I wanted to thank you for your information. We decided to go direct for OKW and within 3 DAYS we had the exact contract we wanted! We booked our vacation for next year within the next 48 hour!!:D
If I had not read your post my husband and I would have never known. Thank you so much! :thanks: I am still very interested in the new Riviera, but we will see. Not a priority.

KimmyD, I am so thrilled that I was able to help you and your husband find the right contract at Old Key West :love:When are you taking your first trip home? You will fall in love with your new home :cloud9: I really appreciate your kind words and welcome to the DVC family party:

I wonder how many people who bought resale and the contracts were stripped of 2019 points and the dues were estimated at 3% increase. Are the buyers now stuck paying the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter