ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread has been updated.

$65 for OKW, holy smokes! I'd love to know how @MomOfTwoBoys snuck that one through, lol. That's what we paid two years ago for OKW and it was even a good deal at that time, much less now! Congrats!

Congrats to all who passed this week :flower1:
Guess after our yearly trips since 1997, it was finally OUR TIME! Maybe luck? I saw it listed at 72.00 and said what the heck, I will offer 65.00 and if it gets accepted and passes then hell yeah! If not, we will still go to Disney yearly and maybe look for another to offer on. I am still in shock!

Guess after our yearly trips since 1997, it was finally OUR TIME! Maybe luck? I saw it listed at 72.00 and said what the heck, I will offer 65.00 and if it gets accepted and passes then hell yeah! If not, we will still go to Disney yearly and maybe look for another to offer on. I am still in shock!

That's great. Now you have more money to waste spend on other Disney products and services. :)

My parents bought OKW direct in the mid 1990's for $68, so you basically rolled your price back to ~1996. Nicely done.

That's great. Now you have more money to waste spend on other Disney products and services. :)

My parents bought OKW direct in the mid 1990's for $68, so you basically rolled your price back to ~1996. Nicely done.
We actually toured DVC in May of 97 on our honeymoon when we almost bought in at OKW, they were selling there still and BWV was the newbie... Luckily for us we aren't big spenders on extras so this will make our yearly trips cost effective. I hope to be able to rent out the 2017 points that we need to bank asap. Thanks for the CHEERS from other DVC family!

We actually toured DVC in May of 97 on our honeymoon when we almost bought in at OKW, they were selling there still and BWV was the newbie... Luckily for us we aren't big spenders on extras so this will make our yearly trips cost effective. I hope to be able to rent out the 2017 points that we need to bank asap. Thanks for the CHEERS from other DVC family!

Did you at least get a free ice cream at the commodore house when you did that tour? Those were the days. Curious - are you considering the 25 point direct add-on to get the perks? I have to say the AP discount is pretty nice (even if you do 2 trips just inside 12 months) and moonlight magic events are pretty fun. And, 20% off a dooney & bourke purse helps ease the pain us DH'es have to endure. :laughing:

If you miss the banking deadline, just call and they'll do it for you over the phone.

I vaguely remember ice cream, we were so tempted to buy in, at the time they would have also subtracted the cost of our stay while there. RIght now we are not considering any add-ons. But if down the road we can afford it we would do a 25 pt direct yes! We used to get AP's when the boys were very small because we would go in May and in sept. With college bills for our oldest and younger one starting in 2 years we only bought what we could afford in full right now. I did buy my one Disney Dooney with a coupon on the bottom of a QS meal receipt! Bargain shopper here! We bought nonexpiring tickets before they did away with them, and also some super discounted hoppers that are saved for future trips. All part of my master plan muahahahhaaaaaa. DH is ready for his beers at Geyser Point!

disneyguysf---$151-$33920-220-VGC-Oct-0/16, 437/17, 220/18, 220/19-seller pays MF '17- sent 11/3, passed 11/10

This is a second contract for me. I am essentially getting 437 points that are already paid for in terms of maintenance fees. The current plan is to rent most or all of those points to reduce my effective cost per point down to around $123. I already have reservations on my first contract through summer 2018 so won't need the points on this new contract until next fall.

I wanted to give an update. We found out ours passed on 10/10. We have sent back our closing documents. They should receive them this week. We are scheduled to be closed by 11/8. We are planning a June trip so we are hoping to get our point soon, so we can book by the 7 month mark. How long does it usually take for the points to show up after you close? Thanks.

Familyof4lovesDW---$85-$14241-150-BRV@WL-Aug-0/16, 157/17, 150/18- sent 9/28, passed 10/10

Sorry this response is very late and I hope you have closed by now but my points were available 7 days after closing and booked our June trip that same day!!

MommaBerd---$125-$53876-400-BCV-Mar-0/16, 15/17, 800/18, 400/19-Seller pays MF '17-sent 11/15-PASSED 11/27

I am very happy with this! We will likely rent all 800 points coming in 2018 (I’m not counting on being able to rent the 17 before March), effectively making our cost per point ~$109. However, the seller accepted our offer so quickly, it makes me wonder if I should have started lower. Oh well - can’t look back!

Last edited:
suzgm84---$84-$14135-160-SSR-Dec-0/16, 100/17, 160/18, 160/19-Seller pay all 17 MF- sent 11/13 - taken 11/21

Updated my prior post to say that Disney executed their ROFR today. Pretty disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!