ROFR Thread July to Sept 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a question as I follow the deeds recorded. What am I missing? How does Disney let the owner of sellingtimeshares.net buy and passes on ROFR contracts at such low prices? Just in the last few weeks AKV contracts recorded as sold at $87 and $85 and a BCV at $120. There is nobody on here that would get the contracts passed at the prices he does and has for years.

A lot of brokers do this. They attach a large broker fee to the contract. Disney would have to pay that fee to the broker if they bought it back.

So I have a question as I follow the deeds recorded. What am I missing? How does Disney let the owner of sellingtimeshares.net buy and passes on ROFR contracts at such low prices? Just in the last few weeks AKV contracts recorded as sold at $87 and $85 and a BCV at $120. There is nobody on here that would get the contracts passed at the prices he does and has for years.

I think this board represents a very small sample of the contracts that gets sent to ROFR. I had an AKV contract submitted in early May for $88 that no one gave it any chance of passing (well, maybe .001%). But it's our 1st contract, we're not in a hurry to get the points as our next planned trip is 2020, we thought why not give it a shot? Miraculously we got a pass around close to the 30 day mark. Of course, the sellers are now backing out. But I think if enough contracts are sent to ROFR at that price range, they won't buy them all. Some will pass. It's more of whether you can find a seller selling at such a price (and actually following through with closing), and if you have the patience and time to keep waiting and trying again if your contract gets taken.

I think this board represents a very small sample of the contracts that gets sent to ROFR. I had an AKV contract submitted in early May for $88 that no one gave it any chance of passing (well, maybe .001%). But it's our 1st contract, we're not in a hurry to get the points as our next planned trip is 2020, we thought why not give it a shot? Miraculously we got a pass around close to the 30 day mark. Of course, the sellers are now backing out. But I think if enough contracts are sent to ROFR at that price range, they won't buy them all. Some will pass. It's more of whether you can find a seller selling at such a price (and actually following through with closing), and if you have the patience and time to keep waiting and trying again if your contract gets taken.

Ya it is definitely a small percentage but this site is a great tool and gives a range, that is why I watch the deeds also though.

There are many moving parts with the people that foreclose or buyback the mortgages, to the brokers that buy cheap and resell, to the Brokers who always have stripped contracts with can't close till _____and hmmm they also have rental sites, to Disney ROFR, to what the average joe does or can do.

How do you know they passed ROFR and weren't bought back by Disney? All ROFR means is that Disney takes over as the buyer per the other terms of the contracts. The seller still completes the sale and gets the check.

How do you know they passed ROFR and weren't bought back by Disney? All ROFR means is that Disney takes over as the buyer per the other terms of the contracts. The seller still completes the sale and gets the check.

Because the notice of passing ROFR from Disney is also posted at the same time if you search all documents and not just deeds. It is usually posted within minutes of the deed posting.

Because the notice of passing ROFR from Disney is also posted at the same time if you search all documents and not just deeds. It is usually posted within minutes of the deed posting.

Sorry, I thought you were just looking at the listings. You are correct, the waiver has to be recorded with the deed before DVD will complete the transfer.

Mumof4mice---$125-$20200-160-BLT-Mar-0/17, 160/18, 160/19, 160/20-broker rebate $1500- sent 7/20

Excited about this one. We'll be done (for now anyway…) if this and the AKV both pass!

Great price! What is a broker rebate? Never heard of that before.

When my PVB contract fell through due to the seller pulling out, the broker (Vacatia) offered to rebate me the 5% commission they charge sellers plus $500 credit on a replacement contract. This was in stark contrast to my other PVB purchase where that broker hid the fact the seller was international and still hasn't apologised after I confronted them.

I didn't pull the trigger until there was a deal that made sense even without the rebate. And they came through on the promise - an attendum, offering me the $1500, was drafted without me asking. Anyway, highly recommend Vacatia. They don't have a lot of listings but do seem to get a great listing once in a while, such as Jerry's PVB contract at $110pp.

When my PVB contract fell through due to the seller pulling out, the broker (Vacatia) offered to rebate me the 5% commission they charge sellers plus $500 credit on a replacement contract. This was in stark contrast to my other PVB purchase where that broker hid the fact the seller was international and still hasn't apologised after I confronted them.

I didn't pull the trigger until there was a deal that made sense even without the rebate. And they came through on the promise - an attendum, offering me the $1500, was drafted without me asking. Anyway, highly recommend Vacatia. They don't have a lot of listings but do seem to get a great listing once in a while, such as Jerry's PVB contract at $110pp.

Fidelity and Vacatia are the only 2 "approved" resale brokers that DVD will refer you to if you need to sell and ask them for the referral. My guess would be that they (Fidelity and Vacatia) don't want to jeopardize that relationship because it brings them a ton of business.

Justme0729---$115-$14037-110-AUL-Feb-0/17, 95/18, 110/19, 110/20-SUBSIDIZED- sent 7/2, passed

Was listed for $120/ point and an international seller. Happy to have found a subsidized contract in the amount of points I needed. Do you guys think this is a fair price for a subsidized Aulani? Not that it matters anymore! Lol
I think this was a good deal, just my opinion though. Did it pass or are you waiting? Good luck and enjoy!

Fidelity and Vacatia are the only 2 "approved" resale brokers that DVD will refer you to if you need to sell and ask them for the referral. My guess would be that they (Fidelity and Vacatia) don't want to jeopardize that relationship because it brings them a ton of business.
Fidelity has lower prices then other places I was always afraid that meant theirs were taken in ROFR more often, but watching these threads that isn't the case.

Did your contract pass ROFR?

Fidelity has lower prices then other places I was always afraid that meant theirs were taken in ROFR more often, but watching these threads that isn't the case.

You just have to add $195 to the total cost of their contracts since they charge that unique garbage fee to buyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter