Rivers of Light Package Question

kboo

DIS Veteran
We already have a Tiffin's reservation made before the ROL package times were announced. Looking at the ROL package availability for that same night, there is Tiffin's availability but at a much less helpful time than what we've already booked as an ADR. Is there a way to call and change this reservation to make it a ROL package?

Alternatively - is the preferred ROL seating worth it, or how hard would it be to go from Tiffin's dinner at 5 to ROL at 7?

Thanks in advance!

If you cancel your reservation you can rebook it right away as a Rivers Of Light package. I had a Tusker House reservation before deciding to do the Rivers of Light package. At the time Tusker House was completely booked for breakfast (which is what I wanted). I cancelled the reservation and had another browser tab open with the package reservation page open. I put the date and closest approximation of time for my cancelled reservation into the package search and was able to rebook my reservation as a package.
Do beware that it can be risky to do this because there is a chance someone might grab your reservation. Alternatively, you can try calling to see if a cast member can change it for you.

We already have a Tiffin's reservation made before the ROL package times were announced. Looking at the ROL package availability for that same night, there is Tiffin's availability but at a much less helpful time than what we've already booked as an ADR. Is there a way to call and change this reservation to make it a ROL package?

Alternatively - is the preferred ROL seating worth it, or how hard would it be to go from Tiffin's dinner at 5 to ROL at 7?

Thanks in advance!
As @_auroraborealis_ stated, ROL Dining Packages must be booked at least 3 hours in advance.
With the package, you can save some off of the menu alone. If you want to do that I definitely would do the package

I do not think they will let you book a ROL package at 5 for a 7PM show. I think it requires a 3 hour gap minimum.

As @_auroraborealis_ stated, ROL Dining Packages must be booked at least 3 hours in advance.
With the package, you can save some off of the menu alone. If you want to do that I definitely would do the package

Thanks - I did see that on the site later. ROL is at 7pm the whole week we are there, and I think dinner at 4pm is too early! So other than potential savings off of the menu alone (we don't usually get full dinners anyway), is the preferred seating worth it? And if we do keep our 5pm reservation, would it be a crazy rush to get to ROL at 7? Or if we want to have dinner at 5pm most days, plan on a QS dinner on the night we want to see ROL?

A cast member will not change your reservation to an ROL package but I have had good luck dropping the regular reservation and picking it up as an ROL. As another poster stated, you have to drop it on one device or tab and immediatly have the ROL package page open to the date and time that coordinates. Once you hit cancel begin refreshing and you will see it pop up. It is risky and you may lose it but I have done it twice with success late at night.

Thanks - I did see that on the site later. ROL is at 7pm the whole week we are there, and I think dinner at 4pm is too early! So other than potential savings off of the menu alone (we don't usually get full dinners anyway), is the preferred seating worth it? And if we do keep our 5pm reservation, would it be a crazy rush to get to ROL at 7? Or if we want to have dinner at 5pm most days, plan on a QS dinner on the night we want to see ROL?
When we did Tiffany’s this summer we found it to be relaxing and a nice slow pace. In saying that I think having a 5 PM reservation with the hopes of getting to the theater and have seating for a 7 o’clock show is cutting it way too close. I bet we were in there for over an hour with our meal service for two. Again we weren’t in a hurry so I really didn’t pay attention. But the food is amazing and we will be back this spring.

We ended up making our reservation for ROL at Tiffins around lunch time instead. I agree that 4 feels too early for dinner so doing it for lunch seemed like a good option and then we'll just pick up something quick for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!