RIP David Prowse (Darth Vader)

The documentary “I Am Your Father” provided an interesting look at Mr. Prowse and his role in the Darth Vader character.

He was also in “A Clockwork Orange:”
D1875F68-889B-4EBA-B8DA-F31FFEA52B86.jpeg

There's some disagreement over whether or not his voice was meant to be used in the final version of Star Wars. He seemed to think it would but there are various claims that it would never have been used, or that he couldn't come in to do the overdubs. In any case, I don't think his voice was right for it.

He was so excellent as Darth Vader. The way he portrayed the ferocity and emotion of that character just through his physical acting skills was so well done.

RIP David Prowse.

On the ABC news broadcast tonight they mentioned that Prowse had a very strong Welsh accent, which is probably why his voice wasn't used for Vader.

RIP David Prowse.

On the ABC news broadcast tonight they mentioned that Prowse had a very strong Welsh accent, which is probably why his voice wasn't used for Vader.

Have you watched the short Green Cross code clip above? I promise you, that that is not a Welsh accent.
This is a Welsh accent.... and I would love to meet the person who tells Sir Anthony that he cannot speak on camera, because of his accent.

But, then there is always this of course ......

😂

Last edited:
RIP David Prowse.

Start at 1:32

Prowse says that they didn't want to fly him out to Hollywood. Honestly, I don't buy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter