Rider Switch Alternative ?

ptlohmysoul

DIS Veteran
We have a child who is tall enough, but doesn't care for most thrill rides. For 7DMT, we were able to go together in the FP+ line, 3 went on the ride, while 1 adult and the non-riding child waited for the 1st group to return. When the 1st group returned, the adults switched kids and the adult who didn't ride first was able to take the riding kids immediately up to the boarding area without waiting in the FP+ line again. Does anyone know if that works for other rides, especially Big Thunder Mountain Railroad? It seems to save some time waiting in line instead of using the rider switch pass, but does mean "wasting a FP+."

Just curious, how does this waste a FP?

Sounds like the non-riding child also had a FP+ in order to go through the queue and wait at the boarding.

Does anyone know if that works for other rides,

OP -- there have been many reports of a "switch" allowed at the boarding area for a child who is tall enough but chooses not to ride. Especially for the newer headliners. I suggest you ask at the attraction if it will be possible.

Enjoy your vacation!

Per the WDW website, when using rider swap the waiting adult can bring two other guests back on the ride with them, so a total of 3 riders with the rider switch pass.

I don't see how you could do this without the non-riding child having a FastPass. The child is entering the FastPass line and then choosing not to ride. Anybody entering the FastPass line needs a FastPass. Anybody would then be able to say "I'm not going to ride", entering the FastPass line and then riding. There would be no control.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter