Reviews 4/7-4/13: a week of deluxe dining

tbre1982

Mouseketeer
Me, dd5, ds2, and my parents were at Disney for a week mid April.

Yachtsmans steakhouse: A. Love the onion rolled with roasted garlic. Huge portions of steak and sides. Steaks cooked to perfection. Kids adore the mickey puzzle dessert.

Garden grill breakfst: A. our fav character breakfast. Family style is so much nicer than buffet with little kids. The cinnamon bun and fresh fruit are great and a huge potion. Everything on The hot platter is delish. Bonus point for Nutella syrup and first in line at Soarin Advanagte at 9am with a PPO reservation.

Via Napoli: B- the pizza was good. But It really is quite loud and busy in there. Will look for a quieter place for a lunch break next time.

Cali grill: A+ Probably our favorite overall for food and ambiance. The sushi menu is all so fresh and incredible. New and innovative menu that is updated frequently. The White Chocolate crime brulee was my favorite dessert of the week.

The wave breakfst buffet: A. Truly a hidden gem. Those sweet potato pancakes are heaven

Narcoosee: B+ liked it but had better scallops at citricos and better steak st yachtsman.

Tony's parade package. B. The food was fine for theme park Italian. Definitely nothing special but it was filling and a hit with the kids. we did this primarily for the parade viewing spot which is outstanding.

Chef mickeys dinner: B- Variety was better than I expected but quality overall just ok and inconsistent. There were some really good things -- The carved prime rib, peel and eat shrimp. But the paella rice tasted like uncle bens. Loved the ice cream bar. will probably do again while kids love the characters but wouldn't recommend for the food alone.

Ohana breakfast: B+. Food was all good but we enjoyed garden grill more. Not as convenient as many character meals since it's outside of park and you lose the PPO advantage.

Citricos: A. Loved pork belly and the scallop risotto dish. This restaurant had a much more upscale feel to it than many of the other signatures and nearly everyone was dressed up.

Crystal palace breakfst: A. Huge hit with kids. Great variety of hot and cold options. We were in and out by 845 with an 8am reservation and had met all characters by 830.

CRT. B. Way overpriced for the food, but ....princesses! The soul and desserts were the standouts. We prefer the food here to Akershus and since a princess
Meal is a necessity, this one will be in the rotation for a while.

Contempo cafe: B+. Food always comes out good and hot. But it seems like it took a while for food this trip.

BOG Breakfsst: B-. I find the self service drinks stressful with little kids and prefer a waitress but that's my own issue. The food is decent, especially the bacon arugula poached egg sandwich. The feast of gaston is comparable to the resort bounty platter but not worth twice the price. Will probably not do this again

Liberty tree tavern B-. Food was all solid but nothing super unique. The theming was cool for adults but totally lost
On my kids. Likely a one and done

Sounds like you enjoyed it overall. Nice!

We tried Deluxe once.. and that was once n done for us. Just too much food, too much time both traveling and eating and lastly, too much time Away from attractions etc.
Great for foodies!

Nice reviews, we enjoyed several of the same places (currently on our way home). We had an 11:45 ADR at Via Napoli and it was quiet and mostly empty when we went in, very busy by the time we left. We will always do lunch before noon there to make it a bit more peaceful.

Thanks for your input! Good to know how quick CP PPO can be. We are hoping to grab one before our MK day but I was nervous about it being too much for my littles combined with a full day of MK (one still takes naps). Good to know we can get in and out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!