Having done this, I’d suggest - if your schedule allows - to relax and let the hub clear out a bit. Just pop a squat on the grass and enjoy the castle, lights, and music for 5-10 minutes.

Getting across the hub right after HEA is like swimming upstream in a raging river. It’s a giant mass of humanity that isn’t going anywhere quickly. Folks are mostly heading out, so trying to “cross” to get to Frontierland is somewhat against traffic and is a bit of a pain.

To me, it’s one of those crazy :crowded::crowded::crowded: Disney moments where you seriously start to question your entire decision-making process leading up to that very moment. But ultimately you just have to grab you kids hands, smile, and march on.

Good luck!

LOL yeah it's not something we've done before. I was thinking we would hang out and watch OUAT if it shows and then attempt this. If not we can just ride PeopleMover a couple of times :D

LOL yeah it's not something we've done before. I was thinking we would hang out and watch OUAT if it shows and then attempt this. If not we can just ride PeopleMover a couple of times :D

Haha! Yeah, staying for OUAT (if it’s after HEA on your night) is an option. Although I personally get fidgety by that point. If HEA is 9PM on your night... it’s over 9:18PM and OUAT is 9:45PM. By the time that’s over, it’s 10PM. To me, that’s a lot of waiting around when you combine the time you spent at the dessert party.

Usually I’m a bit ready to get some rides in at that point. And yeah, you can make the move to the PeopleMover pretty quickly from the dessert party area. :-)

Thank you for the nice detailed review. We are doing it this Tuesday for the MVMCP fireworks. Not sure how different that will be.

I'll be anxious to hear your thoughts. We have one booked on Dec 10th and I go back and forth on whether to keep it or not.

A few more quick thoughts. When people talk about the 'grass' in the viewing area- it is astro turf (ok it was dark, so Im pretty sure), not grass like sit for awhile and your butt gets wet grass. Agreed- stay to the right side/podium for Plaza viewing check in. We really got there too early, for check in and for starting the eating. If I was to do it again I'd get there much closer to 8pm. In terms of eating- at the next table the lady left shortly after we got seated (about 730) and returned with a giant hot dog (Caseys?), so I guess you could get food in, eat and then do desserts. My husband also took his coffee in disposable cup into the viewing area, and no one said anything.

Someone will correct me if I’m wrong but I think the time limit to park at a resort with an ADR is three hours?

If this were me, I’d valet at CR ($25 + tip) so you can leave your car after dinner and can just walk right over to MK. Then when you leave MK that night it’s a quick walk back to CR as well.
!

Thanks I think this is what we will do. I just checked our CG ADR time and it is 5:05. We will try to get a bit later as we are truly going to the dessert party for the view. So if we valet, then there is not a 3-hour limit? I am considering a TiW purchase and I seem to remember reading it covers resort valet parking.

Someone will correct me if I’m wrong but I think the time limit to park at a resort with an ADR is three hours?

If this were me, I’d valet at CR ($25 + tip) so you can leave your car after dinner and can just walk right over to MK. Then when you leave MK that night it’s a quick walk back to CR as well.

I read about people that go well in advance of the dessert party start time but to me that’s overkill for our particular style. When we’ve done the dessert party, our preference is to get there 8:15+. We aren’t that into the desserts (not because they are bad, just don’t care for the sugar bomb) so usually just sit for a few minutes to relax, maybe grab a cup of coffee and a bite or two, bathroom break, then go out to the Plaza.

I will concede this plan is probably a bit rushed for many folks, but it works for us since we don’t like to waste a lot of time just waiting around.

Hope that helps!
This is pretty much what we did, mostly because it was a semi-last minute add on and we had a FP for HM at like 7:45 I think and we ate dinner right before that, plus my DH isn't a huge dessert person. I think we will try to go a little earlier next time and definitely eat much earlier but, like you, I don't really want to waste a ton of time sitting around the party.

Having done this, I’d suggest - if your schedule allows - to relax and let the hub clear out a bit. Just pop a squat on the grass and enjoy the castle, lights, and music for 5-10 minutes.

Getting across the hub right after HEA is like swimming upstream in a raging river. It’s a giant mass of humanity that isn’t going anywhere quickly. Folks are mostly heading out, so trying to “cross” to get to Frontierland is somewhat against traffic and is a bit of a pain.

To me, it’s one of those crazy :crowded::crowded::crowded: Disney moments where you seriously start to question your entire decision-making process leading up to that very moment. But ultimately you just have to grab you kids hands, smile, and march on.

Good luck!
Totally agree with this strategy.

Thanks I think this is what we will do. I just checked our CG ADR time and it is 5:05. We will try to get a bit later as we are truly going to the dessert party for the view. So if we valet, then there is not a 3-hour limit? I am considering a TiW purchase and I seem to remember reading it covers resort valet parking.

Yes, no time limit when you valet. Have to ask, you doing a little “test run” of things before May??

Yes, no time limit when you valet. Have to ask, you doing a little “test run” of things before May??

Haha that’s it exactly! Just husband and me on the January trip going to do some things like KTTK and Tiffins/ROL that will not be on the May family agenda! I think the adult “kids” would like the HEA dessert party but definitely not the littlest granddaughter so we’ll stay back with whatever kids don’t go. So it’s a win/win getting to see it ourselves in January and giving the parents a night out in May!

Haha that’s it exactly! Just husband and me on the January trip going to do some things like KTTK and Tiffins/ROL that will not be on the May family agenda! I think the adult “kids” would like the HEA dessert party but definitely not the littlest granddaughter so we’ll stay back with whatever kids don’t go. So it’s a win/win getting to see it ourselves in January and giving the parents a night out in May!

Ha! Awesome.

FWIW, not sure how little GD is but we took our then 2-year old to the dessert party earlier this year. She had the best time running around in the Plaza Garden before the show. Plus at that age she was free, so bonus!

Sounds like a fun Jan trip. Love Tiffins!

FWIW, not sure how little GD is but we took our then 2-year old to the dessert party earlier this year. She had the best time running around in the Plaza Garden before the show. Plus at that age she was free, so bonus!

I reserved for the GKs who will be 4,5, and 5 at the time of the trip knowing we can cancel closer if they aren’t handling later nights. P&P cruise will be the first late night and HEA planned 4 nights later. But youngest GD will be 13 months in May...might be walking, maybe not? And may be afraid of fireworks. So we’ll have to see what the parents decide. But good to know your 2 YO loved it!

We did the MVMCP Dessert party at Tomorrow Land Terrance last night (Nov9). It was pretty average in my opinion. Having done other dessert parties, like the Star Wars Galactic Nights and the Illuminations party last year, this one was average in terms of variety. There was lots of different cupcakes and cookies, and a small ice cream station, however, nothing overly original. We did have nice seats on the railing facing the castle. Having walked the park for hours, having a seat was great, but I don't think this is something we would do again.

My wife loved the apple cider and the hot chocolate was good. I will say that they stepped up their treats around the park (the complimentary offerings), compared to years past, where it was only cookies and hot chocolate at the refreshment stations. This year, each refreshment station offered different treats and different drinks. We agreed that was a huge improvement. Overall, I think id rather drop $150 at the ice cream shop on the corner of Main Street before doing this party again. Again, not bad. Just not great considering the cost.

BTW, they did give out a whole package of Gharadelli chocolates as a parting gift which was nice.

For those wondering what a sold out MVMCP looks like in the hub, see here from ~ 8m50, 10m16s, 10m40s - 10m57s :
Summary: Eeek! The hub was crowded and both parades had plenty of people waiting, 2nd parade at least 15 min before starting.

For those wondering what a sold out MVMCP looks like in the hub, see here from ~ 8m50, 10m16s, 10m40s - 10m57s :
Summary: Eeek! The hub was crowded and both parades had plenty of people waiting, 2nd parade at least 15 min before starting.

Great video! Now I really want to go to a Christmas party, and I'm trying to skip a year before going back to WDW.

Btw, the ground is wet because they wet down the buildings for the fireworks. Sometimes they get carried away with the amount of water they use. Maybe something was smoldering and they had to go at it.

Wait... so are you saying that when you are eating the deserts, there is a chance that you might have to stand up if you don't get there early?
We arrived around 8:15 or so in June and had several places to sit. Most people had gone out for the fireworks by then (we went out at 8:35ish).

New to the thread and just wondering... Is anybody planning on cancelling a Tomorrowland Dessert Party reservation for 12/30?

Wait... so are you saying that when you are eating the deserts, there is a chance that you might have to stand up if you don't get there early?

That has not been the case the couple of times I’ve done it this year. There is a “main” area of tables that does tend to get pretty full, but there is another set of tables sort of on the ‘other’ side of the restaurant as well. This location would make sense if you saw it, it’s hard to explain in writing. I’ve never seen those other set of tables full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter