Review: Lunch at Storytellers Cafe Grand California Hotel June 2018

BadPinkTink

Republic of Ireland is not part of UK
On 28 April I made an online reservation for lunch at Storytellers Cafe for Thursday 21 June 2018. I tried to make a reservation for 1 person but no times were available so I made the reservation for 2 people. I had downloaded the Disneyland California AP onto my phone and when I logged in, the reservation was on my account.

Email Confirmation
Thank you, xxxxx! Your dining reservation has been added to your account.
Storytellers Cafe Lunch
Thursday Jun 21, 2018 (1:55 PM, Lunch)
Confirmation Number: xxxxxxxxxx
click here to cancel reservation
Reservation
Date: Thursday Jun 21, 2018
Time: 1:55 PM, Lunch
Dining Party: 2 Guests

Primary Guest
First Name Last Name
(Me) email address
phone number

Credit Card Guarantee
Your Visa ending in xxxx is being used to guarantee your reservation. It will only be charged in the event that your party does not arrive as scheduled. To keep from being charged, please cancel your reservation within the allotted cancellation period.

Guest Policies
Cancel
- You must cancel at least one day prior to your reservation to avoid a per person cancellation fee. If you fail to cancel or are a no show, the credit card provided at the time of reservation will be charged $10.00 per person.
Restriction / Requirement
- Menu Items, Pricing, and Hours are subject to change without notice.
- If applicable, 18% gratuity will be automatically added for parties of 8 or more.
-PTY of 15 or more: Guest must contact location directly.
- Characters are not available during this time of day.

On The Day
I used the Grand California entrance in California Adventures.

dca hotel entrance.JPG

You enter by the Spa side of the hotel and then walk along the outside corridor along the side of the hotel to Storytellers.

I had a bit of time before my reservation so I continued past the restaurant and into the main lobby of the hotel. The lobby is a very open area with lots of seats and tables for people to chill and hang out in. I sat for a while and then had a look in the hotel shop. I wanted to buy the Grand California Hotel pin for my collection.

It was almost time for my reservation so I went back out to Storytellers Cafe. At the host stand I explained that the reservation said 2 people but it was just me solo and there was no issue. I was brought directly to a 2 top table in a small side area behind the host stand, next to the windows.

I forgot to take photos of the menu but this is the menu on Disneys website https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/grand-californian-hotel/storytellers-cafe/menus/lunch/

The restaurant was not very crowded so while waiting for my food I took some photos

storytellers buffet.JPG
storytellers cafe.JPG

My drink arrived first

cocktails.JPG

magical star cocktail.JPG

Then the bread service

bread.JPG

Then my main

short rib grilled cheese.JPG

I ordered the Short Rib Grilled Cheese which cost $18. I didnt order a starter or dessert. It might not look much, but with the extra bread I was full. The menu has a good selection of items and I would probably eat here again.

I choose lunch time specifically as I did not want the character buffet. I would like to try the buffet but I'm really not interested in paying the extra for the character experience.

After my meal, I returned to California Adventures park through the hotel special entrance. As I passed the pool area it sounded like there was a pool party.

At the California Adventures park entrance there was a bag check security area and I had to scan my park ticket at the entrance turnstile.

CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO MY MAIN JUNE 2018 TRIP REPORT

Wow....you weren't biased because the cocktail was pink?.....because that looks like one bad pink tink....I mean drink.

oops, lol you caught me, although I have tried the Glowtini too and thats really yummy too. I kinda alternate between the two :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!