Revenge of Reflections

Not going to relitigate all of that here...we've discussed the issues with the cabins ad nauseum elsewhere on this board...I just hope that Reflections somehow completes the story.

"We would buy in today, except" is a common trope that people in sales are all too familiar with.
But it's also 100% true in this case...

Also, purchasing and staying are 2 different things. As far as staying at the Cabins, they may be our new favorite. Just because some Members don't care for it doesn't mean that everyone feels that way.

Also, purchasing and staying are 2 different things. As far as staying at the Cabins, they may be our new favorite. Just because some Members don't care for it doesn't mean that everyone feels that way.

I'm sure DVC is happy to trade your Polynesian or Riviera or Beach Club points for the cabins, that opens up a room at those more desirable resorts that they "may" be able to take via breakage.

What remains to be seen is how robust the cash bookings are for the cabins. I am assuming the prices have been hiked quite a bit to coincide with the rebranding as a deluxe resort. People here say (perhaps a bit of self gaslighting) that DVC is happy Riviera isn't sold out because they're selling the rooms for cash. But is the same true of the cabins? Considering I can book a full week during MLK right now, seems doubtful. The only room available at Riviera during the same nights is a preferred studio.

I have to assume that the Island Tower, the cabins, and Reflections were all planned out years ago. Companies don't last 100 years (and WDW would have been converted into an Amazon fulfillment center years ago) if Disney were doing things with less planning. The pandemic obviously shook the etch-a-sketch a bit, but it's all coming back out on the other end. It's interesting the order of operations they chose in the fallout however. Why was the Island Tower the first move, followed by the cabins, and finally Reflections? That seems the exact inverse of the plan prior to COVID, considering Reflections was announced but to my recollection nothing was known of the other projects until after WDW reopened, and Reflections appeared to be mothballed.

The cabin reception has been lukewarm, to put it charitably - had it been announced as a package deal with Reflections at the outset, maybe the reception would have been a bit better. I'm still not sure how they can marry Reflections with the cabins and make it feel like a cohesive resort, if that is even their plan at all.

I imagine the decision to lead with PIT after the COVID recovery had to do with staffing and infrastructure. Starting with a site that already has restaurants, resort staffing (desk, cleaning, maintenance), transportation, and has a known reputation with both cash and DVC families makes a LOT more sense when you need a quick turnaround than a brand new site where you have to staff and work out those logistics.

Dues will never go down, and resale restrictions are never going away. So unless you're saying that you'll never buy direct points at a new DVC resort again, what is the real reason you're not buying the cabins?

Dues will never go down, and resale restrictions are never going away. So unless you're saying that you'll never buy direct points at a new DVC resort again, what is the real reason you're not buying the cabins?
Dues and Restrictions.

We already have 700 direct points, so really don’t need more, but we will probably end up staying at the Cabins more often than not. It is extremely convenient if you drive to WDW to have your car right outside the unit.

Best play may be to wait until there’s some resale CFW if it can be had for a song…

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest