Revenge of Reflections

It looks like the Poly Tower will still be in presales and DVC will already be announcing the resumption of the Reflections project. It will be interesting to see how much, if at all, Reflections has changed since the original announcement.

It looks like the Poly Tower will still be in presales and DVC will already be announcing the resumption of the Reflections project. It will be interesting to see how much, if at all, Reflections has changed since the original announcement.

The announced the PVB tower project within weeks of starting sales for BPK. The announced the CFW cabins project within weeks of starting VDH sales....so, given that, announcing the next new DVC project within weeks of PVB tower sales would seem to follow the pattern that we have seen in the past few years!

Based on the construction timeline (in the various permits, so far), I'm guessing very little has changed, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was tied to more recent IP.

Based on the construction timeline (in the various permits, so far), I'm guessing very little has changed, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was tied to more recent IP.

I have to assume that the Island Tower, the cabins, and Reflections were all planned out years ago. Companies don't last 100 years (and WDW would have been converted into an Amazon fulfillment center years ago) if Disney were doing things with less planning. The pandemic obviously shook the etch-a-sketch a bit, but it's all coming back out on the other end. It's interesting the order of operations they chose in the fallout however. Why was the Island Tower the first move, followed by the cabins, and finally Reflections? That seems the exact inverse of the plan prior to COVID, considering Reflections was announced but to my recollection nothing was known of the other projects until after WDW reopened, and Reflections appeared to be mothballed.

The cabin reception has been lukewarm, to put it charitably - had it been announced as a package deal with Reflections at the outset, maybe the reception would have been a bit better. I'm still not sure how they can marry Reflections with the cabins and make it feel like a cohesive resort, if that is even their plan at all.

It will almost certainly not be visible from WL. Maybe, maybe a few of the highest floor CCV rooms that overlook the pool, but I doubt it.
Great to hear, thanks.

I’m pretty bummed about how Poly Tower looks from the outside, and assume Reflections will have a similar vibe. As a CCV owner, I’d be happy if I can take advantage of a new neighboring resort’s amenities, so long as I dont have to stare at it from my room.

I have to assume that the Island Tower, the cabins, and Reflections were all planned out years ago. Companies don't last 100 years (and WDW would have been converted into an Amazon fulfillment center years ago) if Disney were doing things with less planning. The pandemic obviously shook the etch-a-sketch a bit, but it's all coming back out on the other end. It's interesting the order of operations they chose in the fallout however. Why was the Island Tower the first move, followed by the cabins, and finally Reflections? That seems the exact inverse of the plan prior to COVID, considering Reflections was announced but to my recollection nothing was known of the other projects until after WDW reopened, and Reflections appeared to be mothballed.

The cabin reception has been lukewarm, to put it charitably - had it been announced as a package deal with Reflections at the outset, maybe the reception would have been a bit better. I'm still not sure how they can marry Reflections with the cabins and make it feel like a cohesive resort, if that is even their plan at all.
My guess is they had to go first with the Poly tower because it was approaching the 40 years as it’s the same association. I don’t know if they can start selling a new section with less than 40 years left.

I think the trust is just a way to avoid condo rules ( they came about on the same timeline)

Having a RTU in a trust vs our current “deed” to a share of a lease is a meaningless distinction to the buyer.

One thought is that CCV would have to expand soon to be on the existing leasehold since once it is less than 40 years that option will go away. 40 years is the minimum in Florida for that arrangement.

My guess is they had to go first with the Poly tower because it was approaching the 40 years as it’s the same association. I don’t know if they can start selling a new section with less than 40 years left.

They didn't have to do Poly first, they could have made the tower a separate association like Copper Creek was.

They didn't have to do Poly first, they could have made the tower a separate association like Copper Creek was.
If they only wanted to add let’s say 75 more studios , it would not make sense similar to BPK at GF. And it would solve a studio availability problem at CCV.

I could see a CCV2 with studios, a reflections tower as part of the FW cabins trust along with a RIV 2 in what is now Aruba . That would bring us to BW2 and BC2 which I expect to start in 2035

If they only wanted to add let’s say 75 more studios , it would not make sense similar to BPK at GF. And it would solve a studio availability problem at CCV.

I could see a CCV2 with studios, a reflections tower as part of the FW cabins trust along with a RIV 2 in what is now Aruba . That would bring us to BW2 and BC2 which I expect to start in 2035

Now that DVC has converted the cabins into a "deluxe resort" by fiat, all bets are off. Maybe next we'll have All-Star Movies deluxe villas.

Now that DVC has converted the cabins into a "deluxe resort" by fiat, all bets are off. Maybe next we'll have All-Star Movies deluxe villas.
As someone who did vacations in them as a child - the new cabins are quite an upgrade from the old cabins that were moderate. And I can rent them for less than a poly studio. The treehouses are also deluxe with similar pool and bus to bus transportation + they don’t have a boat to MK ( and they could if disney wanted)

As someone who did vacations in them as a child - the new cabins are quite an upgrade from the old cabins that were moderate. And I can rent them for less than a poly studio. The treehouses are also deluxe with similar pool and bus to bus transportation + they don’t have a boat to MK ( and they could if disney wanted)

Hopefully the rebirth of Reflections completes the story of the cabins and makes them more appealing, because right now I and many others are puzzled as to what they're doing in the DVC portfolio.

Hopefully the rebirth of Reflections completes the story of the cabins and makes them more appealing, because right now I and many others are puzzled as to what they're doing in the DVC portfolio.
Not sure I understand this. I thought that our stay at the Cabins was amazing and quite honestly, would buy there except for 2 very large negatives (dues and restrictions). I see us staying there if we can get in at 7 months quite a bit.

Yes, it is a different kind of stay, but if you like the campground vibe, it's great. Also, IMHO, the point charts are priced accordingly to reflect that. I would even say that the Treehouses over at SSR are a similar kind of vibe (though much more point heavy)...

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest