Returning flight freaking out!

AquaPure

Earning My Ears
Hello there,
I am freaking out a bit. We will doing ABD short Barcelona scape in less than 2 weeks followed by Disney Magic Med Cruise round trip to Barcelona. We are doing also the ABD add on to the cruise. This would be our first ABD experience and we are very excited. I packed like a month ago :) When planing our flights, I read somewhere that 4 hrs was the minimum recommended time from disembarkation to flight time. So, we are booked on our returning to flight to the states departing Barcelona at 11:10am on disembarkation day (disembarkation time is 7am) Yesterday when I was doing the online check in for the cruise I got a message That my flight time was shorter than the recommended time. I am wondering if anybody has had a close flight like ours. We really need to flight back the same day as disembarkation day. Would the ABD guide help us expedite our disembarkation? We do have reserve ground transportation with Disney from port to airport. I’m not sure if I can find a later flight at this point for the 4 of us.
Your thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated.

I don't know how the European cruises work. However, at Port Canaveral, DCL has an early walk off option that lets you leave the minute the ship has cleared customs. There's a special place that you wait to do this and usually a line of people that also have early flights. At Port Canaveral, the Disney transportation can be slow. Going to the airport may not be as bad, because there are a lot of people doing this. However, they probably try to fill the bus before they let any leave. I can't remember the exact disembarkation time at Port Canaveral, but it's something around 7am. However, the buses can leave as late as 9am. We had a bus going back to the WDW hotels last summer. Everyone, except one family, was on the bus by 7:30am. We had to wait for that one family to show up, and they didn't get there until a little after 9am:sad2: I remember seeing this family on the cruise and thinking they were pretty unorganized. Unfortunately, I was right and had to suffer a tiny bit for it. You should probably contact DCL and ABD directly. I doubt ABD can do anything, since I don't know if they would even have an agent on board or at the port. Usually when people are leaving early to catch a flight, they arrange their own transportation. That may be the best solution. You might want to post on the DCL forum too, because people there will have a better idea of how things are handled in Barcelona. Not be too negative, but even if you could get off the boat at 7am and take a cab to the airport, it's still cutting it a bit close for an international flight. I would seriously start looking to see if you could find another flight. Good luck. I hope everything works out smoothly.

We’ve flown out of Barcelona after a DCL Cruise 3x. Our flights were 11:55a, 10:30a, and 11:30a. I can’t remember each one, but I don’t ever remember feeling rushed. I think the first time, I couldn’t find the VAT refund office and ended up going through security twice. So, I had time to burn. We had private transfers and did the standard disembarkation routine. We left our suitcases out of the stateroom and picked them up in their terminal. I checked our cruise with the 10:30am flight. For that I scheduled our private transfer (Autos Vilar) at 7:30am. Last year, however, we had an early flight out of London. We kept our suitcases with us and left the ship first thing. So, that’s an option you could discuss with guest relations once on board if necessary. Hope it helps.

Wow...Thank you for your fast response. I am going to call DCL and see what they say. I’ll post it on the cruise forum as well. Thank you for the suggestion.

We’ve flown out of Barcelona after a DCL Cruise 3x. Our flights were 11:55a, 10:30a, and 11:30a. I can’t remember each one, but I don’t ever remember feeling rushed. I think the first time, I couldn’t find the VAT refund office and ended up going through security twice. So, I had time to burn. We had private transfers and did the standard disembarkation routine. We left our suitcases out of the stateroom and picked them up in their terminal. I checked our cruise with the 10:30am flight. For that I scheduled our private transfer (Autos Vilar) at 7:30am. Last year, however, we had an early flight out of London. We kept our suitcases with us and left the ship first thing. So, that’s an option you could discuss with guest relations once on board if necessary. Hope it helps.

You give me hope :) yay!!

Book private transportation to the airport and you'll be fine. Be sure to let the guides know that you need to exit the ship as soon as it is possible.

Have a great trip!

7 am could be 8am before you arrive at Quay side . Hopefully you have arranged for a Taxi to be

waiting for you . Loaded into taxi by 8.30 am

A 10 mile drive ( 17 km drive ) to airport Look at Google Maps ... Airport on Left .....Port on Right .

Arrive at Terminal Entrance by 9am .

Find Check In Desk & join Q to get Boarding Card & Hand over Luggage ... done by 9.45 .

Go through Security 10 .15 am .

YOU HAVE Told Airport Staff that You ARE in Terminal AND on the Way ....., YES

RUN to GATE ............... Hearing " Will the Final Passengers .. YOUR NAMES Travelling to .????? " GO TO GATE

YOU WILL JUST MAKE IT

We disembarked from Barcelona and took a quick cab ride to the airport. Cabs are regulated and plentiful upon disembarkation. We waited maybe 10 minutes in an orderly queue. You'll definitely have the option to express walk off should you want to be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!