Results of my dining plan/money OOP

mylightshines

Mouseketeer
I returned from WDW several weeks ago, but I finally totalled all my receipts. We were on the dining plan with two 12 year olds. The girls never wanted to order off of the adult menu. So unless it was a buffet, they ordered off the child's menu and we paid OOP for those meals. This allowed us to eat a total of 9 sit-down meals including one signature meal.

Total cost of dining plan 38x4x7 = $1064.00. Actual cost of meals was $1,407.00. OOP meals was $193.00. This included the kids meals and every coke/water/ice cream that we had (including an extra tip at Whispering Pines). Total savings $343.00.

The dining plan was wonderful. It was soooo nice being able to order whatever we wanted and me not worrying about money. We were so full!!! Since the girls mostly ordered off off the child's menu and we paid OOP for those, we would order two appetizers and two desserts and just split them. Believe me, we never went hungry.

You hit the nail on the head. The best part of the DDP for me was that my teen could order anything she wanted and I didn't cringe at the cost. That was a treat for both of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter