Restaurants?

Old Man Goofy Runner

Earning My Ears
Heading to DLP next year for the first time. WDW and DL veteran (DVC member) and have a good handle on which restaurants are the better ones, and which I need to book reservations as soon as I can. Have no idea what to do with DLP. It will just be my wife and I, both 65 and will have just retired. Really not into buffets, looking for sit down table service, on the nicer and quieter side, but the key is the food. Suggestions?

I think Bistro Chez Remy in my opinion is the best of the in park table service restaurants, the steak frittes were cooked nicely and we all got a different sauce to try with them.

Walt's is decent food the main thing is the atmosphere, each room is themed for a different area of the park and if you are seated near the window at parade time you can watch it go by.

I know you wrote that you don't like buffets but the Pym buffet is really good, probably the best food we had at DLP. We almost ate there twice but decided to try something else.

Steakhouse and Walts are good options for food and quietness.
I wasnt a big fan of Remys, the ambiance is nice, but the food wasn't outstanding for me. I do like Captain Jack, but it is a popular venue for families. I wouldn't consider Remy and Captain Jack particular quiet.

I am also going to add a buffet, it's even a character buffet. Royal Banquet in the Disneyland Hotel is now open for all guests instead of just disneyland hotel guests. Because it expensive, it is more quiet than you would expect a character buffet to be. It is 100 euro per person, and that is above budget for many families. The food quality is great. If you are into sea food the selection is very good.

any guess on the chance of 1 person walk in at the Royal Banquet? My date 9/30 is all booked up (high demand even at the higher price point)

any guess on the chance of 1 person walk in at the Royal Banquet? My date 9/30 is all booked up (high demand even at the higher price point)
You can always try. As DLP knows no penalties for not showing up for a dining reservation, it is possible they have seats available.

It also never hurts to keep checking the app to see if something opens up.

I guess Walt´s will be the best option for you.

If you like sea food and looking for a restaurant outside the park try Cape Cod at the Newport Bay Club Hotel.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest