Restaurants with Bar Seating

TresGriffin

Mouseketeer
Hi there!

What's everyone's experience with restaurants with bar seating? Is this pretty hard to come by in the resorts and parks? I know pretty much every restaurant at Disney Springs has bar seating, but just wondering about recommendations in parks and resorts.

Rain forest cafe at Animal kingdom, and disney springs
The bar at port Orleans riverside has a small menu for some food and plenty of people also grab food court food and sit at the bar area as there are many tables and chairs. As well as small couches. Fun place. Bar at AKL
Kidani has a nice bar that you can get food at also.
Pofq also has some food choices ... small bits.
Also tables available both in the bar area and the extended area that flows out of the bar. And people always grab food at the food court and eat there as well.

At Epcot, I remember at World Showcase that England and Mexico has nice bar areas you could sit at and eat as well as drink.

The Yak and Yeti in AK also have bar seating. There are only 5 or 6 seats, but I've never had a problem getting a place.

I forgot to mention the bar seating at Rose and Crown (Epcot) as well as 50s Prime Time (HS). While this is not bar seating, there is also Biergarten Restaurant in Germany (Epcot) which has fun entertainment and communal seating. So you are seated with other guests, and the last time I was there, the other guests were talkative and fun.

I ate lunch yesterday at the bar at the 50’s Primetime Cafe. Only had to wait about 3 minutes to get a seat. Went to the Geyser Point Bar and Grill tonight for a drink and some basketball. Couldn’t get a seat, Five kids under age 6 sitting at the bar from 3 different families. I know it is harder to get a seating area there now, and this has been discussed elsewhere, but really. And the bar inside had golf on.

Hi there!

What's everyone's experience with restaurants with bar seating? Is this pretty hard to come by in the resorts and parks? I know pretty much every restaurant at Disney Springs has bar seating, but just wondering about recommendations in parks and resorts.

Bar Seating at Resorts:
Poly- Ohana Bar lots of seating usually crowded BUT it can turn pretty quick since many people are waiting for their tables. Trader Sam's (inside) flip of the coin sometimes a wait to get in others times OK. The outside seating I have never not been able to get a seat.

GF- Narcoossees- small bar, we have had mixed success finding seats. There is no room to stand.
- Citrcos- small bar, there were a few tables along the wall that we sat at that were "lounge seats" but we felt like we were in the waiting area practically.
- Mizner's Lounge- can be hit and miss on seats as well, limited menu available (It looks like it may be closing for remodeling in April)

Contemporary- Wave- Large Bar area and lounge area
- California Grill If you try to get up there near Fireworks it is difficult. Also if restaurant/bar is full they will not let you up to restaurant (elevator is supervised)

We like to bar hop on the monorail. Another option if at Contemporary is to take boat transportation to Wilderness Lodge to their "newer" bar/quick service restaurant Geyser Point Bar and Grill or the Territory Lounge. You could even go to Ft Wilderness to Crockets Tavern. Overall we have never had an issue finding somewhere at a Resort to sit and have a beverage or three! :drinking::drinking1

My favorites bars to eat food have already been mentioned - Nomad Lounge, Tune In Lounge at 50's Prime Time, Yak & Yeti (although I have sometimes found it too crowded with only 6 seats), and The Wave. The outdoor area at Brown Derby in HS is nice also. I have been tempted to try the bar at Sanaa but it's a bit out of the way to get to AKL.

There is a bar at Mama Melrose's too that is meant for parties of one or two and is not really where drinks are served. It just faces the kitchen.

We like to bar hop on the monorail. Another option if at Contemporary is to take boat transportation to Wilderness Lodge to their "newer" bar/quick service restaurant Geyser Point Bar and Grill or the Territory Lounge. You could even go to Ft Wilderness to Crockets Tavern. Overall we have never had an issue finding somewhere at a Resort to sit and have a beverage or three! :drinking::drinking1

Oh, I'm definitely a Monorail bar crawler too. ;) Just wanted to see the scope of bar dining outside of "the loop".

Everyone has just about covered the monorail. I'm going to assume you are talking about eating as well as drinking or are you just talking about places that have actual bars?

In Epcot the ones I know are: Rose and Crown - it gets really crowded fast and getting a table is pretty hard. Spice Road Tables - there is a bar but I'm not sure if you can get food. You can almost always get seated outside though without an ADR and get small plates or order from the menu. La Cava in Mexico serves things like chips and dip and guac but getting a seat there takes an act of congress.

In the BW area: YC has a nice lounge that serves food. We went to the bar next to Flying Fish but didn't have food so I'm not sure if they serve any or not. ESPN serves bar food at the bar.

In HS: Brown Derby outside lounge is great. The craft beer place serves a few bar food type things. Tune In Lounge serves food but we have never been able to do anything but stand at the end of the bar.

In AK: Nomad Lounge has been mentioned, our favorite spot.

In AKL: The bar/lounge outside of Jiko serves bar food and you can order off the Jiko menu. There is also a lounge associated with Sanaa, but we haven't tried it.

The Swan/Dolphin have bars with bar food as well.

I'm sure they've been mentioned, but I love the bar at 50's Prime Time & Jiko. At Kona they just put me at a table.

Rain forest cafe at Animal kingdom, and disney springs
The bar at port Orleans riverside has a small menu for some food and plenty of people also grab food court food and sit at the bar area as there are many tables and chairs. As well as small couches. Fun place. Bar at AKL
Kidani has a nice bar that you can get food at also.
Pofq also has some food choices ... small bits.
Also tables available both in the bar area and the extended area that flows out of the bar. And people always grab food at the food court and eat there as well.

Does anybody know if you can order from the complete Sanaa menu at the bar there, or only from the smaller bar menu?

Geyser Point Bar and Grill @ WL is our new "get away from it all" spot when visiting MK.

I absolutely loved the outdoor seating/bar area of Hollywood Brown Derby; Brown Derby Lounge in HS. Full menu and full bar available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter