Resort Hopping

Bekah477

Earning My Ears
We are considering staying one more night on our trip in December. Currently booked at the Contemporary, I can not justify the $1,100 to add one night to our current room. I wondered how difficult it would be to check out of Contemporary and check in somewhere else on property just for one night? Is that silly?

Depends on how much the money difference means to you! What is your time and energy worth to you?

It doesn't take much time to switch resorts - and there are a variety of ways to manage that. We like to move our stuff ourselves first thing in the morning - and if our room isn't ready - we just leave stuff at Bell Services and head off to the park. Others use luggage transfer and just have to take their stuff to the lobby for that first thing on check out day - and then are off on their day.

At the end of the day - yes - now I have to spend a bit of time finding my "stuff" for bed, toiletries, the next day things I'll need - but since I make sure that's all in order when I pack up before the move - that really only adds a few minutes. If I know I am moving resorts for one last night - my shopping will be done so I don't have to figure out how to cram anything else in my bag to get home.

So - for me - this is 1-2 hours of my time. Time does cost money on vacation. So - I would not move to save $100. I'd move if I could save $200-300 - my plane flight costs to WDW are typically about $180-260 - so once its about that range - I'm thinking "moving hotels buys me another place ticket." Others - their "pain point/annoyance by the move" might be higher. $1100 is an entire additional trip to Disney for me - so I'd definitely move!

Luggage transfer...we would just arrange that with the contemporary staff and they would have our luggage delivered to the other resort and it would be waiting for us when we got there that night? That sounds pretty amazing.

The alternative for us is to leave Friday instead of Saturday. Original plan was to take the latest flight out Friday but I don't want to have to leave if we're having a great time, which we will be, obviously! This resort hop will let us leave out any time on Saturday instead, and we won't have park tickets for that day at all.

Thanks for the insight! I appreciate your been there done that experience!

Luggage transfer...we would just arrange that with the contemporary staff and they would have our luggage delivered to the other resort and it would be waiting for us when we got there that night? That sounds pretty amazing.
Call bell services in the morning and tell them which resort you will be moving to. Your luggage will be delivered to the new resort, but usually it will not be until late afternoon so take anything you need during the day with you. Once you are in your room at your new resort, call bell services to have your luggage delivered. Unlike DME, it will not be waiting in your room.

Our preference is for one person to drive or take a taxi/uber to the new resort with the luggage in the morning, check in and if our room is not ready, leave everything with bell services. That way, our luggage is already at the resort.

We did it several years ago. We checked out of one hotel, went to the next, checked in and went to a park. By the time we were back for dinner everythimg was ready. It was a good way to experience two hotels on one trip.

Last edited:
We are considering staying one more night on our trip in December. Currently booked at the Contemporary, I can not justify the $1,100 to add one night to our current room. I wondered how difficult it would be to check out of Contemporary and check in somewhere else on property just for one night? Is that silly?

We used to believe that it would be a tremendous waste of time, since we used to never rent a car and especially before FP+. Though now with FP+ and renting a car, resort hopping is much more doable, given the right touring plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter