Reserve HRH now, hope to save later?

jade1

I spend half my money on WDW, and waste the rest.
Looking at HRH for 2 nights April 9 and 10 but its really high. How safe is it to reserve for example $329 per night and maybe get an ent rate later? At what point can you cancel and at what charge if it doesnt come through? FOTL is great but $329? I did find hotelkingdom at $269-tempted to take it but wonder if that can also reduce if ent rate or something comes up later-or are you stuck with hotelkingdom? Did HRH last spring break for $139, $79 Allstars looks pretty good.

I have a AAA rate for earlier April, our spring break. So far that has been the only discount that I've found. I was told that there was a block on Ent rates the first half of April. We need two rooms so it is really painful to pay a lot. I think we can cancel 5 days out with no penalty. I'm not sure about Hotel Kingdom.

T&B

If you are going during Easter you'd be best to stay on site since you will need FOTL. Did you try APH rate or FAN rate? You can always purchase one APH online.

www.universalorlando.com has a standard room w/garden view for $269. I'd call 1-800-BEASTAR and ask them what the best rate is for your dates. I just made my reservations on Friday and they told me that I could cancel my reservations within 5 days of my arrival with no penalty.

The following link has info on Hotel Kingdom's cancellation policy: http://www.hotelkingdom.com/faqs.htm

When I first booked HRH club level it was over $350. Then I took a couple rooms down to Fla rate for my Fla friends, then I changed them to AAA when that came out - then I changed them to Ent rate when that came out - then I added some rooms with a great HK rate ($10.90 fee per room to cancel or change - 5 day cancellation window) and cancel some of the regular rooms. I was really waiting for Fan Club rates, but they ended up being much higher this year. They started making comments to me like "wow, you've been busy!" when I would call, but would always remind me to keep checking on the discounts!

I was worried that, with my long record of changes/cancellations, they might stick me in the worst rooms they could find - but our rooms were lovely and we had a great time - final rates were HK club $216., AAA club $247., HK GV $142. - weekend rates (MLK weekend).

I would keep checking/waiting for discounts, but I wouldn't lock into something like HK that charges to cancel/change, unless I knew I would be happy with that rate in the end!

Thanks for the information. Will post what we find.

IMO, you should only book it if you are comfortable paying that rate. If you are not don't. If you are holding that room with hopes for a discount, but so are others, they will think the rooms are sold out and will not see a need to discount.

Hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter