Renting Or transferring DVC points questions...

dis2cruise

Long Island, NY
I have some points that I need to rent Or transfer what is the proper protocol to rent or transfer and which is better? Is there any form that the person I’m renting or transfering points should fill out to protect both parties? Also, payment how is this done? Sorry with so many questions but I’ve never done this before.
Thanks a bunch!!

There is a separate rent/transfer forum under the DVC section.

I have only ever received a transfer and the other owner required payment in a bank check - once he received the check he called to make the transfer and I immediately had access to the points. For my protection he was able to give me a screen shot of his owner page and points status. This might be helpful as there are some reports of shady transactions - people pretending to be owners and trying to scam people. It doesn't happen often but there are scummy people out there. I think payments can also be made by paypal - which might provide a little protection (more so for the buyer/renter) if there are issues.

Either way renting or transferring i guess you can have a signed agreement of some sort. There might be people on here who have a "contract" that could be shared with you.

Maybe for less of a headache you can just do a transfer - that way they are out of your hands and you don't have to deal with making a reservation for people. With renting i guess there is a bit more risk of damage to the room or charges not paid that could ultimately affect you.

If you have enough points you could go through davids dvc and they can help with renting the points. You can check their website for how the process works for owners.

If you have enough points you could go through davids dvc and they can help with renting the points. You can check their website for how the process works for owners.

I agree with this. If you are not sure what you are doing, David is your best option (assuming you are renting enough points).

I transferred points this year to another member. You get one transfer per year either incoming or outgoing.

I modified my rental contract to work for the transfer and we both signed it via docusign. They send me a check but I accept many payment methods. I then called DVC and made the transfer. Paypal doesn't protect this type of transaction but I have used it in the past along with a contract. Good luck.

DVC Points Transfer Agreement

This Agreement is made the ____ day of __________, ______ by and between ____________ (“Transferor”) and ____________ (“Transferee”) with the following Terms and Conditions:

Transferor agrees to transfer ____ of their Disney Vacation Club (DVC) points for ___________________________ with ________ use year. The points will be transferred at the rate of $__________ payable via check or money order. No banked points will be included in the transfer.

This is only an agreement to transfer DVC points between DVC members. Once full payment has been received by Transferor and the points are transferred into the Transferee’s DVC account, the transaction will be considered complete.

Any modifications of this Agreement are unenforceable unless in writing and signed by both the Transferor and Transferee. This Agreement shall be governed under and interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of __________.

Agreed and accepted on the date first shown above.

I have some points that I need to rent Or transfer what is the proper protocol to rent or transfer and which is better? Is there any form that the person I’m renting or transfering points should fill out to protect both parties? Also, payment how is this done? Sorry with so many questions but I’ve never done this before.
Thanks a bunch!!

You might want to review this thread on the DVC Rent/Trade Board here on the DIS. There is some good information there about the process for both members and potential renters.

**How to use this Board** - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - Updated 02/27/2018

I transferred points this year to another member. You get one transfer per year either incoming or outgoing.

I modified my rental contract to work for the transfer and we both signed it via docusign. They send me a check but I accept many payment methods. I then called DVC and made the transfer. Paypal doesn't protect this type of transaction but I have used it in the past along with a contract. Good luck.

DVC Points Transfer Agreement

This Agreement is made the ____ day of __________, ______ by and between ____________ (“Transferor”) and ____________ (“Transferee”) with the following Terms and Conditions:

Transferor agrees to transfer ____ of their Disney Vacation Club (DVC) points for ___________________________ with ________ use year. The points will be transferred at the rate of $__________ payable via check or money order. No banked points will be included in the transfer.

This is only an agreement to transfer DVC points between DVC members. Once full payment has been received by Transferor and the points are transferred into the Transferee’s DVC account, the transaction will be considered complete.

Any modifications of this Agreement are unenforceable unless in writing and signed by both the Transferor and Transferee. This Agreement shall be governed under and interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of __________.

Agreed and accepted on the date first shown above.

Paypal doesnt protect you and neither does Disney. Cash for transfered points is not allowed. So the agreement is mute. It all comes down to trust and gut. If you dont have that then dont be on either end of the trade. No protection anywhere. Not enforceable in court since Disney doesnt allow it, that is how the courts will look as well.
That being said, I have done transfers both ways and no issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!