• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Renting a car to Port canaveral

lodgelady

DIS Veteran
I am looking into an Avis rental to drive to Port Canaveral from MCO, May 2003. We are arriving late on Fri night, so we would only neeed the rental for a couple of hours each way. I am surprised that the rates for this short time seem so high. Is it because we are not keeping the vehicle overnight or because we are looking for two one-way rentals (sat, then following sat)?
Any tips or codes would be very much appreciated!!! ;)

We rented a car in May to go from Port Canaveral to Orlando for 32.00 a day through Avis. I thought 32.00 was a great rate .

the minimum car rental is one day, and that's the charge you're seeing.....we paid $48 (total) for a one day rental during spring break time to get from MCO to cape canaveral...that was for a pontiac grand am...it was higher than I hoped but cheaper than any of the alternative methods of getting there...... car rental rates vary with the variations in high and low demand periods..good luck:cool:

MaryS..just curious as to when you booked to get the $32 rate? Did you do it online? Did you have codes/ coupons? I read on another board that someone got a good rate in May by booking the ressie in October.

We just walked into the Avis place and booked it. I did not have a coupon. Sorry.

We rented with avis both ways, it was a family of four. Each car cost us about $35.00 each way. But look what it would cost in transfers. Our flight didnt leave until 8 p.m. on our departure day, so we were a few of the last to get off the ship, and did DD and wasted time. Better than sitting at the airport. Book avis on line and use as many codes, combinations you can find. Things are quite high right now.

Great! At least I know there is a $35 rate to be had, so I will keep trying. Now it is showing a rate of $58 even with codes. Did you rent full size or compact?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter