• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rental home area between Tampa and Disney

kappyfamily

MEESKA MOOSKA!
Hi there- Can anyone recommend a rental home area/city/neighborhood (prefer a gated neighborhood if possible) that is in between Tampa and Disneyworld? Or a neighborhood that is on the tampa side of Disney. We would like to go to some yankees spring training games a couple of the days we are not at Disney (basically switch back and forth each day with baseball/Disney). thank you for any recommendations and thoughts!

Hi there- Can anyone recommend a rental home area/city/neighborhood (prefer a gated neighborhood if possible) that is in between Tampa and Disneyworld? Or a neighborhood that is on the tampa side of Disney. We would like to go to some yankees spring training games a couple of the days we are not at Disney (basically switch back and forth each day with baseball/Disney). thank you for any recommendations and thoughts!
The most built up areas would be Plant City or Lakeland, so you probably would have a better chance of finding a rental there. Otherwise, it’s fairly rural along I-4. Depending on where in Tampa you are going for the ball games, it would be roughly 45-60 minutes to either Disney or the ball park from those locations, depending on traffic. Traffic can be difficult to predict on I-4. Sometimes it’s nearly a standstill and sometimes it’s busy but moving well. I would allow a couple of hours travel time to get to your destination in either direction, to be on the safe side.

I used to live in Pinellas County, which is just west of Tampa, and made many trips to Orlando. Tampa traffic can be very heavy, so if the ball park is on the north or west side of the city, add at least an extra 30 minutes to my estimates.

Lakeland would be half between Tampa and Disney. Exit 31- 35 on i-4. Disney is exit 60-64. Not sure about select though...
Haines City/ Davenport has TONS to choice from. Exit 55.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter