RENDEZVOUS AT THE FORT - The Fort Wilderness DISMeet Trip Report October 2020

Kris,

I think there are 7 of us. Two here, Joe is three and you and Bert.

Two weeks and some of us start to arrive!

j

Kris,

My Morioto ADR for 6pm on the 8th is for 7 people. I originally put Ian and Blake on it, but they aren't flying in until 10pm.

I think that should have us covered, unless it is more than you and Bert.

j

Here's a transportation dilemma. I have a Cali Grill reservation for 6:55. I planned on taking the MK boat and walking over to the CR to get there. With the little boats not running to WL and the Fort, how do I get back? MK closes at 6 and the big boat only runs for an hour after closing.

I figure Uber is always an option, but is there a WDW option?

j

Should be able to walk over to MK and catch bus back to the Fort. IF not, bus to TTC, then to Fort would be my guess.

Joe and Kris,

I just tried modifying my ADR to add 1 and it won't let me. In the past, We have always been able to add 1 or 2 at the door. Especially if it is an odd number to start.

I think the existing ADR for 7 should work.

j

Here's a transportation dilemma. I have a Cali Grill reservation for 6:55. I planned on taking the MK boat and walking over to the CR to get there. With the little boats not running to WL and the Fort, how do I get back? MK closes at 6 and the big boat only runs for an hour after closing.

I figure Uber is always an option, but is there a WDW option?

j
We can come pick y’all up to if you need!

@Teamubr what day is your Ca grille ressie?

ok I think jim has us covered with 7 on oct 8 and we add 1. Though I think we have 9 not 8.

@Teamubr what day is your Ca grille ressie?
I actually have 2 right now. Friday, Oct 9th at 5:05 and Wednesday Oct 14th at 6:55.

I'll probably only keep 1, not sure which one right now. I don't know if I want to pay twice for Ian and his friend.

And who are the 9 for Morimoto? I have you with 2, me with 2 and Joe with 4.

j

Ok i thought Joe had 5 but he confirmed 4 so i am good. I can then cancel my ressie.

Jim, we have CA Grill for thrusday oct 15. I am not sure if we are keeping it but i know it is a tougher one to get so i grabbed it in case. I did not consider the how do you get back to the fort. Normally you take the boat or you can walk to MK but MK will be closed. That is a fun one. If you dont want to uber/lyft probably bus from Contemporary to Disney Springs then bus from Disney Springs to the Fort.

We can shuttle folks if we're around. No problem.

Sounds like the girls may be coming with us. The holdup was that the oldest is in color guard with the school band and had 3 events to attend that week. 2 of them have been cancelled and the other is not a requirement. The director gave her the go ahead today. I'll talk with him further this weekend to verify. Glad I didn't move their tickets!

Will do. If there's any room once I pack in the decorations. :rolleyes:

We gonna try and take girls to Universal on the 11th. Both parks, one day. Anybody got any guidance on this? Never been there.

Will do. If there's any room once I pack in the decorations. :rolleyes:

We gonna try and take girls to Universal on the 11th. Both parks, one day. Anybody got any guidance on this? Never been there.
If the pricing isn't too bad, get their express pass (it varies per day) but lets you walk on to most of the rides (although depending on crowd level you may not need it.) It's quite the walk from the parking garage to the actual entrance, preferred parking gets you closer, valet is expensive but basically drops you off right at the entrance to City Walk. Once you go through security and all that fun, you're in their City Walk area. Shopping and such is ok, nothing special. You'll reach a fork in the road, you can go left into Islands of Adventure or right into Universal Studios. If you want to get straight to all the thrill rides, go left to Islands first. Once in Islands, go left and work your way around that way because that will end you back in the Harry Potter area over there and once you're finished there you can take the Hogwarts Express train over to Universal. (Make sure to get a Butter Beer (not alcohol based) while on the Islands of Adventure side of Harry Potter land.) Once on the Universal Side, several Harry Potter Rides over there as well as Diagon Alley (they did a great job theming both of those areas so take your time. Once done there, you can either do the loop left or right in Universal.

Must do rides for me at Universal have always been Spiderman (one of the best rides ever) and then Transformers (which is the exact same ride system as Spiderman.) Hulk was an awesome roller coaster but my size here lately I haven't been able to ride any of Universal's thrill rides (their sites are very small, one thing I like about Disney is the rides are made for even those of us with a little extra.) Feel free to holler at me if you have any questions. I've spent a lot of time at Universal because a conference I'd go to down there would always book out both sides so I got some quality time there. I've always been impressed with their staff too, they go just as much above and beyond as Disney does.

PS...I'm considering going there too while we're down because they've got some amazing prices for FL residents right now.

Ed's to-do List for Dismeet: View attachment 526676
17. repair Mickey Globe Lamp, build new base

20200918_092623.jpg

giphy.gif

Bama Ed
#17? I'm still on #210, well #209 now20200922_110834_copy_1002x726.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!