Relying on ATMs

Krisu

Meeska, mooska, Mouseketeer, Mousecartoon time now
I hope I'm not the only one this has happened to:D Our first trip I thought it would be no problem getting cash but not one ATM worked for me! I called my bank who assured me there was no problem with my card. The lesson I learned was not to rely on them and to make sure I had plenty of cash:D ( If I was really in a bind I suppose I could have gone off-site to a bank.)

It happened to me too! The blooming thing worked everywhere EXCEPT @ Disney!!!!!

Don't even try to cash a payroll check in florida if you live out of state!!!

WOW! That's a real eye opener for me! When were you there that the ATM's weren't working? Last time we were there, about a year ago, we were able to use the ATM at the entrance to MK,by the lockers, and at the AKL . Has anyone been there recently to report on the ATM condition?

We tried to use them in Dec '01 and May '02. We were unable to use the ATMs on either occasion. The CIRRUS symbol matched. So I have no explanation as to why mine wouldn't work. I think they worked for most people, just not us! I have no explanation.

Originally posted by tink2dw
Don't even try to cash a payroll check in florida if you live out of state!!!

Living in a major east coast city, it amazes me how many people use checks on a daily basis outside of the larger metropolitan areas. I've never considered using checks for anything other than sending through the mail to pay bills. :)

Just some random thoughts:

1) Use a credit card as much as possible, leave the bulk of your money in the bank to pay off the bill when it comes in. So long as you pay it off, you're getting an interest free short term loan.
2) Don't rely exclusively on MAC machines (ATM's to you non-philly types) outside of your home area.
3) If you don't do credit cards, use traveler's cheques and cash them as you go.
4) If you do use an ATM, do it once and avoid paying the illegitimate children running the banks their outrageous fees more than once.

-Joe

We've always relied on the ATM's in WDW & luckily we've never run into a problem.

That happens to me at a bank in my area..There is one in particular i cannot take money out of, even though the symbols match and it is a big bank here...Dont know why, and they cant figure it out...

Alot of ATM cards today can be used s credit ccards. That way you can pay for whatever and still use the cash in account. Just use the same precautions you would use with a credit card.

in sept. '01 my atm card did not work at ANY atm anywhere in the magic kingdom....thank god my fiance's card did since i only had about $400 cash on me and you know that didn't go too far.

i thought it was just me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter