Refilable mugs with meal certs from connections?

Muffy

<font color=red>Oh how I wish I lived in Florida!<
Can you use a meal voucher for the beverage part of your meal cert. I know you can't pay for the entire 10.00 refillable mug with the meal cert but can you put the cost of a beverage towards the purchace of the mug? I know this is a confusing question! Thanks in advance for any info on these meal certs! I just ordered 4 of them!

muffy

I think I understand your question.

It is posted on Mousesavers that "alcoholic beverages, frozen drinks and souvenir drink mugs are not included". So, it appears that you are right in assuming that the $10 for the mug is not included.
But, I think that what you are asking is, if you buy the mug filled with a drink and not another drink separately, will they give you $1 or so off of the purchase of the mug to just compensate you for the drink part of it. Is that right?

Hmmm, I wonder also. Has anyone asked about this when redeeming a certificate?

Hockymom, yes, that is what I'm asking! but beverages are more than 1.00 at WDW! They are 3.99. I would love to know the answer to this! 3.99 off for a refillable mug would great but i am not holding my breath! I will be asking myself when i go to the Pepper Market with my meal certs in Jan.

Muffy

My understanding is once you have paid for the mug ,which is only good at your resort[yes,theyare resort specific],what you put in it at the resort is then FREE. It can't be filled or refilled in the Parks. The parks sell a suvineer mug with hot chocolate in it,at certain times,but that one won't work at your resort and can't be refill in the park either.

Our solution to high priced pop and water was to buy it at the Walmart near WDW,where we found bigger water bottles than the ones the park sells and diet coke,then iced them in our large colapsible cooler on wheels[bought at sears] then we carried the smaller 6pk cooler in the backpack into the parks. And the water[2 of the bottled water fit] went in to a insulated bottle with a strap that we each carryed into the parks.

I know about that (walmart) but you get a beverage with the meal vouchers from connections and I was wondering if you could get the beverage taken off the cost of the refillable mug when you redeem a voucher at the food court? i know it is a confusing question?!

Muffy

We just got back from CSR and had Connections Certs. they worked great! We had bought a refillable mug the 1st day so what we did was get that filled for free - soda or coffee or tea, then used the free drink from the connections cert to get a latte or cappucino to have with our desserts - (would have cost $3-$3.50) It was a nice treat - oh yeah, don't pass up the Kahlua Creme Brulee yum.......

From what I understand, you'd barely get your money's worth using a $10.50 lunch voucher at your hotel's food court - unless your hotel is Coronado Springs.

We used 10 connections certificates at the CSR. (2 per day-me and Dh) Boy- did we save money!!! CSR Pepper Market is so expensive, the certificates were GREAT!!

We also had mugs so we would buy milk or chocolate milk to bring back to the room to put in our cooler for the kids in the morning.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest