Redwood Creek Challenge Trail Closed Through July 22. Reopens July 23.

joseph821

DIS Veteran
Redwood Creek Challenge Trail which has been down since March and was scheduled to reopen June 21st -- is now closed through at least July 16th. Both the DL website and App show this.
I suspect the Trail will be closed until late August when Halloween Time starts and the area is used for Oogie Boogie nights. This area is very popular with children so please plan accordingly.

Redwood Creek Challenge Trail which has been down since March and was scheduled to reopen June 21st -- is now closed through at least July 16th. Both the DL website and App show this.
I suspect the Trail will be closed until late August when Halloween Time starts and the area is used for Oogie Boogie nights. This area is very popular with children so please plan accordingly.
Thanks for sharing. Even though this is a minor attraction, I actually find this extremely disappointing. Our kids love this area and we were excited for it to reopen by July. There's already so little for kids to do at DCA without height restrictions and this makes the park have even less for them to do.

Thanks for sharing. Even though this is a minor attraction, I actually find this extremely disappointing. Our kids love this area and we were excited for it to reopen by July. There's already so little for kids to do at DCA without height restrictions and this makes the park have even less for them to do.
It's also a beautiful area for us adults to relax for a while. As a California native, I love the redwood parks theme of the area.

I'm actually really bummed about this. We are going in June so I've known for a bit that this area would be closed, but my kids would have LOVED it. We've never been to DL and I just thought this area sounded so unique and fun for kids. I think I'm more sad about this than HM or SM being down, lol.

I find it odd this attraction is usually closed more than it is open, could just be me?

Is it such a minor attraction that it gets put on the back burner? And really, how much refurb is really needed?

I find it odd this attraction is usually closed more than it is open, could just be me?

Is it such a minor attraction that it gets put on the back burner? And really, how much refurb is really needed?
They are actually working on it. I am curious if the "Big Al" statue at the new DVC is hint at what changes they may be making there. Would love to see a mini Country Bear show there.

They do need to do major maintenance on it for safety reasons, replace all the rope bridges and and similar maintenance. I can’t remember if it’s yearly or every few years. Not sure if it’s just that or they are doing other things too. 🤷🏼‍♀️

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest