Recommendation for frizzy hair?

Not a product, and you might not be interested in changing your hair, but when I lived in Orlando I sometimes would go to the hairdressers and have my hair permanently straightened, and that helped a lot. Now I've gone the opposite route and I'm getting my hair permed so I have wavy hair. I might not be completely be rid of the frizz, but it looks okay with the wavy hair, and all I have to do to freshen up my hair is to drag my fingers through to tame it, or wet it to revive the curls, which is great. In the past I would dread the rain as my hair would look horrible and go all frizzy when it started drying, but now it actually makes my hair look better :cutie:

Japanese Straight Perms are awesome! I have several friends here in Florida who have very curly hair that get them. You just have to ensure your stylist is using legit products and not knock offs.

I have very curly hair and it gets super frizzy in humid weather. I use Herbal Essences' Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel. I usually get it either at a Kroger grocery store or Walmart for about $3.50. It comes in a 6 oz container.

A few weeks ago, I stupidly tried this super expensive antifrizz stuff that my hair stylist recommend. $42 down the drain. It hardly did a thing. So I went back to my trusty old $3.50 anti-frizz hair gel that's worked like a champ for years. The Herbal Essences stuff doesn't leave my hair crunchy or chewy looking but it does a good job at controlling the frizz factor.

I have very frizzy wavy long hair. I've used more products than I can count over the years and just started using Bumble & bumble's "Don't blow it" cream. I use the one for fine hair, but they make another for thicker hair. It's on the pricey side ($16 for a little bottle or $31 for a larger one), but it's the only thing that actually tames my hair without making it crunchy. I really recommend it. You can get a sample from Sephora to try before buying too I believe.

Hats (or ears) and braids are my best friend. I'm tired of buying products that don't work, so I do what I can. I can normally manage a two-strand "French" braid around my hairline and then put the rest in a bun. Helps with the fly-aways.

I have the same problem. With my red hair, I look like Bozo, the clown after an hour in the park! Why, oh why, did I bother straightening my hair? We have been having some humid days in PA and I've had some luck the Garnier products mentioned and I've also used Suave anti frizz cream. I try to mix it up with my hair so it doesn't get used to one product and become immune to it - LOL. There are two Garnier products to use on wet hair that I've been liking, plus the Suave. I will be trying them at WDW at the end of October. So glad to hear I'm not the only one!! Glad to be part of the frizzy hair club at WDW.

I've mastered french braids for my WDW trips... I swear the best braids I do happen there (combo of the weather and the water) and many of my photos now come out looking pretty dang good

I get a keratin treatment by my hairdresser before I go.
My hair has no frizz.
I can even go on water rides or get wet in the rain- and still no BIG frizzy hair!
And it dries super fast!

Not much helps me in FL, but at home where it gets pretty humid, I use Joico Anti-Humidity spray. I spray on it my finished look and it helps. Look on pinterest for unique up-do styles that are easy to do. I've found a few cute half up half down styles or different takes on up-dos that I can do myself, which is better than my standard ponytail for photos.

The Living Proof No Frizz line has been a miracle for me. I tried it in anticipation of a Disney trip 5+ years ago and use it daily.

I second this. I have naturally curly/frizzy hair and find that although it's a bit expensive, the Living Proof No Frizz products are the best for my hair. I also use Kenra hair spray which helps.
I've tried Redken, Matrix, Pureology, and nothing else works for me. I also find that bringing my own travel hair dryer is better than using the dryers in the rooms at Disney.
As an aside, I was in Texas a couple of weeks ago and it was very hot and humid. I used my sister's Instyler after doing a quick blow dry, and my hair stayed silky and straight all day. I think I'm going to purchase it because it did such a great job, and didn't take long at all.

My naturally curly hair goes crazy in the Florida heat and humidity. One of the first steps to controlling frizz is to be sure your hair is well moisturized so I do a moisture treatment at home before we leave. Then I use LOTS and LOTS of gel. I use "Hold My Body by Vavoom" and it works well. I use about 2 or 3 times at much in Florida as I do when I am home. Its a little crunchy but I will take crunch over Frizz ANY day !!

The Living Proof No Frizz line has been a miracle for me. I tried it in anticipation of a Disney trip 5+ years ago and use it daily.
I also love this product. It works very well. It's pricey. But, well worth it.

So my hair never likes the Florida summer weather. I usually throw it up in a ponytail and/or wear a visor but we'd like to have some character pics taken, and have a few nice ones with our memory maker. Any heavy duty roduct out there that you would recommend for frizzy hot mess hair and flyaways? Thanks in advance!

I have curly hair. I get mega curls in the humidity. It will still curl uncontrollably in the humidity even if I used half a can of hair spray. Wear a hat. Or if it is long enough tie it back. Because it is going to frizz no matter what you do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter