READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have to have a hotel or restaurant reservation to park in the Boardwalk area? What if you want to go to the Boardwalk Bakery before going to DHS?
you can only park at a resort if you are staying at that resort. You can park at a resort if you have a dinning reservation but only for 2 hours, at that time Disney can tow your vehicle. They wll not allow you to park to go into quick services

not on the app you go to your app store and check what apps need to be updated

Ok that's why I thought it was a dumb question, because I did that first, and wasn't an option to update but I show a different build # than Dave006 listed (mine says Version: 6.4 Build: 20200909.3). Maybe a difference due to Android vs. iPhone? Anyway, I don't see any option to update for me. Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing an update.

Yes you are correct there are differences between the iOS and Android code build levels. My bad for introducing any confusion. I will go wait in the corner for 30 minutes...

Dave

No worries :D

So, not sure this if is helpful or not, but today's post from Josh at easywdw suggests turning off your MDE location services prior to trying to get a BG. Apparently the app delays while trying to find your location before it tries to find your party or connect to let you join a group. Josh says you don't need it on since you are registered as in the park once you tap in with a ticket or MB. Obviously I haven't tried it, but thought it might be worth passing on here.

Today we were first in line for the POP Skyliners at 7am. Skyliners left at about 8:50. Then at Caribbean we were sent straight to the front of the line (bypassing all the CBR people) and were put on the second cabin off the line.
We ended up in a fairly long line for the temp checks but they went really fast and we were in the park by about 9:15. We got in line for Mickey & Minnie and made it off around 9:50. Headed over to a bench by the bathrooms across from Star Tours and were able to snag BG 56!!
ROTR was amazing and we were so excited to get to experience it on our 20th Anniversary! What a great Disney day!

If you practice from home and get to the select whose in your part page (I know it will auto fill in the park) does that mean I would have gotten through?

If you practice from home and get to the select whose in your part page (I know it will auto fill in the park) does that mean I would have gotten through?
No. You would have to get past that screen to the next where it would tell you that there's an issue because you're not in the park. That would indicate that you would have secured a group had you been in the park.

No. You would have to get past that screen to the next where it would tell you that there's an issue because you're not in the park. That would indicate that you would have secured a group had you been in the park.

Yes, I was able to make it to that screen twice this morning before it said they were full. Good deal. 27 days until we are at HS. I'll keep practicing.

After a successful practice yesterday morning, I’ve had 2 unsuccessful attempts. My attempts literally show the red message within 10 seconds or less. Are the passes really gone that fast?

After a successful practice yesterday morning, I’ve had 2 unsuccessful attempts. My attempts literally show the red message within 10 seconds or less. Are the passes really gone that fast?

All my attempts this week appear to have been gone in less than 10 seconds, yes.

Struck out again this afternoon from home. Yikes.
When you say "Struck Out", do you mean you weren't even able to click the Join button? I was able to get all the way to the screen where it said no one is in the park. Does that mean it was a "successful 'practice?

So, not sure this if is helpful or not, but today's post from Josh at easywdw suggests turning off your MDE location services prior to trying to get a BG. Apparently the app delays while trying to find your location before it tries to find your party or connect to let you join a group. Josh says you don't need it on since you are registered as in the park once you tap in with a ticket or MB. Obviously I haven't tried it, but thought it might be worth passing on here.
Has anyone given this a try? Given current demand, it seems that even a fraction of a second could make a difference in the queue race.

When you say "Struck Out", do you mean you weren't even able to click the Join button? I was able to get all the way to the screen where it said no one is in the park. Does that mean it was a "successful 'practice?
As far as I know, what you did was a success. I clicked “join,” then select your party screen, then at the bottom of the screen it said “Current Booking Window Now Full.” I don’t get the memo that no one is in the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter