Re: Wilderness Lodge Villas

Gypsy64526

Earning My Ears
If you have stayed at Wilderness Lodge Villas, I would love to know how you like it.
I currently own at Old Key West and Boardwalk, but am thinking about a change.
Thanks.

I haven't had a chance to stay at my "home" yet, but I have visited.

If you've been to Wilderness Lodge resort and liked it, you will like VWL.

If you want something completely different from anything else you'll find at WDW, you will enjoy VWL.

If you enjoy a little seclusion and being away from the hustle and bustle of the parks, you'll love VWL.

If you like to be in the thick of things, walk to parks, light and airy room colors or easy access to night life....then I'd think twice.

I agree w/ Granny. We stayed there in May and my 3 yr old reapeatedly stated "I want Boardwalk". We found we spent alot of time in the room. My husband said, "If we were at the Boardwalk, we'd be getting an ice cream right now! As much as I consider VWL an exceptional resort, IMHO, its not for our family. I was not a big fan of the color scheme. My DH thought the colors made the rooms look smaller. The transportation to MK was great and the location to Fort Wilderness is wonderful if you have small children, but we are a family of three and we didn't have any complaints about MK transportation when we stayed "home" at the BWV's. IMHO, if you have stayed at the BW you may be somewhat dissapointed in the VWL. Then again, thank goodness for DVC which allows us all to form our own opinions. ;)

God Bless America.....HOME SWEET HOME

Our "Home" is at OKW. We stayed at VWL a few weeks ago for the first time and enjoyed it enormously. It was a very hot/humid week and we spent one of the days at the resort. This was the first time we ever spent a whole day where we were staying. The large pool was great for the kids, we enjoyed laying out on the lakeside for a few hours while our daughter played in the sand. We toured around the grounds. All in all it was very pleasant and enjoyable. Very laid-back.

We had a special dinner at Artist Point. Go there for a special occasion or a meal after dropping the kids off at the Cub's Den.

We thought the room was nice size (we always take the studio) and we had a nice location overlooking the pool in the back of the building where we could see the show on the lake at night.

If you enjoy hiking/jogging, there is a nice jogging path between VWL and Fort Wilderness. It leads you into the back of Fort Wilderness where they have the animals. If you do go for a walk/jog in the morning at this time of year - keep in mind there are no lights along the route. I amazed myself that I could jog in the dark and stay on the path!

All, in all we liked the resort immensely. It was a nice change from OKW. We like that it is out of the way like OKW, but it has a different atmosphere of its own.

While Boardwalk is our favorite for the convenience of being able to walk to 2 of the 4 theme parks, VWL is our favoite for theming. A beautiful resort in a majestic setting. If we had the money we'd do an add-on there!

We stayed at VWL in July and loved it. The theming is great and the rooms were beautiful as well as the grounds. The large pool is nice and the quiet villa area pool was almost empty. I have some pictures of our 1 bdr villa at....Wilderness Lodge Villa Pics

Buckylarue hit the nail right on the head. BWV are great for their closeness to MGM and Epcot, but for sheer relaxation you can't beat the WLV.
I love the color scheme, but I am from the cold country, were darker fall colors abound.
and the animal theming is great. I wish they made statues of the carvings in the center room.
I own at WLV and waited for it to open to buy. I could have gone with BWV, but I love WL and wanted to be as close as possible to that resort. But WLV is so much nicer than WL, so I am really happy. Peggie

We will be staying in the Villas for the first time in December, but we love WL.

The Artists Point is one of our favorite restaurants, but I like the Lodge because there is so much to do away from the parks. My kids are older and we don't spend all of our time in the parks anymore. We go swimming, bike riding, boating, horseback riding ... all from the Lodge or nearby Fort Wilderness.

The atmosphere is also very warm and relaxing. I stayed at some resorts on Disney property that seemed more like a train station than a hotel. Whenever we go back to the Lodge, we truly feel like we have come home.

We also go to the shore every summer, which kind of takes some of the magic away from the Boardwalk for us. We want something different. The Lodge is that for us. We can't wait for December.

we were there this March and I loved it. we had a woods view - lovely- this resort has more wild life than any of the others - friendly wildlife. okay I am one of those nuts who feed the animals.

the beach is lovely, you can rent a bike and ride it to FW (more animals in their petting zoo).

you can see the electric water pagent from the beach at night (the only DVC resort that you can do this).

the geyser is cute, the food at the food court is good, and of course the resort is beautiful.

the boat to and from the MK is pretty wonderful too. You can also take a boat to the Contemporary and FW.

I love this place in December - it is in my opinion the prettiest of all of the WDW resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter