• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? re: Little Bit of TO

Tink42

Mouseketeer
We jsut received our package for this promo. Going to see Mama Mia in June. But the couple we are going with can't get there in time to go to dinner. So we were thinking that we would go to dinner when we went to use the Blue Jays tickets....Can you use the dinner tickets another night instead of the same night as you go to the theatre? Also can someone who knows the list of participating restaurants recommend one?

One more question.....Do you call the Blue Jay box office to reserve tickets and pick them up at the box office(exchanging them with the vouchers) or do you take a chance and just show up at the box office for tickets?

Thanks for all your help.

Tink42

Can't answer your first question, tink, but there is a list of the participating restaurants on mirvish.com I think.

The insert when you get your tickets says to pick your BJ tickets up at the box office. HTH

Nope... you can't choose a different day for dinner. The dinner has to be used before the show on the night of the show. The hotel, if you got that portion of the promo, you have to reserve the hotel the night of the show as well. Only the Jays tickets can be on e different day.

My parents just went this past Saturday and had a great time. My sisters and I got it for their anniversary. They went to the Duncan Street Grill. They were very happy and very full. They each had the sirloin steak. Just in case you didn't read the fine print... each retaurant listed has a pre-selected menu to choose from. You may want to call the restaurant in advance to see what the menu is. My mom called the 360 at the CN Tower and 2 of the entrees were seafood and the other was lamb. There was nothing that she wanted to eat and there is no substitutions.

Have fun!!!

The theatre tickets must be used on the same day as your theatre tickets. Some of the resaturants show the menu choices they are offering for the "Little Bit ot T.O." on their web sites.
I have booked Leoni's for this Thursday. Will let you know how it was after. Going to see Lion King.
The Blue Jay voucher states to redeem tickets at the Skydome box office. So I do not know if you can book the tickets over the phone then redeem the vouchers at the box office.

Thanks so much for the replies. I guess DH & I will go to the dinner ourselves. I guess for the Blue Jay tickets, if we can't reserve ahead of time, they aren't going to sell out anyway I wouldn't think, so should be no problem.

Thanks again,

Tink42

Can someone show me where it states you have to have dinner on the same day as the show? I have a 1:00 matinee on a Sunday, so was planning to do the dinner another night. The mirvish web site has this to say about the restaurant terms and conditions:
RESTAURANTS:
Valid for reservations through July 1, 2003. Restaurant meals include three courses which generally include one appetizer, one entrZØe and one dessert from a predetermined menu. Taxes included; gratuities and beverages not included. Menus are subject to change without notice.
It doesn't say in that statement that it has to be used on same night.....I'm confused!

I was just looking through the websites for the various restaurants offered with package (we're going in late June), and the Il Fornello restaurant is actually offering people a $10 gift certificate at the restaurant if they have dinner through the Little Bit of TO package on an off-peak night (Monday-Thursday). It specifically says that you do not have to use your theatre tickets and dinner vouchers on the same night. Hope this helps, and have a great time!

P.S. CdnDisneyNut, I would love to hear what you think of Leoni's when you get back - we're torn between trying it or Il Fornello.

In the pamphlet with the tickets it quotes
"Please call your choice restaurant to make your reservation and identify that you have a 'Celebarte Toronto' package. Your all day meal voucher is part of your theatre ticket and must be presented at the restaurant prior to ordering"
I reading it I assumed that you must show your ticket or stub at the reataurant. I guess if you went to a matinee you could go to the restaurant after the show. Some restaurants may have their own policy on when and how to redeem them

Mousegril I will let you know how Leoni's is.

Tink42,

YES, you can do dinner on a different night than the play.

We did the Lion King $85 package on May 4 & picked up tickets with an information sheet at the POW office. Specifically asked @ dining on different day. Info sheet item 2) says:

"The elements of both the $85 and $125 packages do not have to be enjoyed on the same day. For instance, you can see the play one night and have the dinner another night. The same is true with the hotel and baseball ticket. But all elements must be used on or before July 1, 2003"

Doing the Mama Mia package in June 8:30pm & it will be too late for the kids to eat after the show. A heavy meal before the show & the kids may sleep during the show. Planning to do dinner this holiday weekend.

Don't forget to make dining reservations! Enjoy!!

Tink42 -- can't help with the restaurant question as we didn't get the package. Can help with the Blue Jays tickets. You have to pick them up the day of the game but don't worry they aren't going to be sold out. We have the Toronto Star season's pass tickets so we have to pick up the tickets the day of the game. We've been to 7 games this year so far and have picked up the tickets just before the start of the game and haven't had a problem. There are lots of empty seats. I believe you would pick up the tickets at Gate 9 but I could be wrong about that.

Cdnmickeylover

DW and I were at Lion King this past Saturday as part of the package and I can absolutely confirm that Dinner, the Show, and the Ballgame can all be done on different days.

You must make your dining reservations on your own, at one of the participating restaurants. The meal ticket is a tear-off stub, not the theatre ticket itself. (Little note, we were at Filet of Sole - if there was anyone eating there that WASN'T doing the promotion, I didn't see them!)

And you must go to the BJ box office at Skydome to exchange vouchers for actual game tickets.

HTH, Jeff

Looked at my tickets closely now. The is a stub on the end stating "Celebrate Sring Toronto--Good for one meal" The seat location (row seat etc). There is no date. So as long as you use them before July 2nd there should be no problem

I used my celebrate TO tickets last night.
Things did not start out great at the beginning. Went to Leoni's for my 5;30 resevation and there were none and according to the hostess they were booked solid. They had checked the reservation for the night before and had me down as a no show. The found a table ( I guess if the queen came that night I had her table hahaha). There was a set meal with choices (menu is on their web site) for those with the package deals. The servings were huge and food was great. They had added the tip to the bill. They had but a value of $25.00 to the meal package. The tip that they put on the bill was the same I was going to leave anyway. I thought having a 5:30 reservation I would have time to kill after dining before the show. I had a very leasurely dinner and was not rushed. I did not leave the restaurant until after 7:00pm
Took my time to wak to the theatre. I needed the walk to work off my dinner.
Time for the show. I have yet to see the movie or the show at WDW. I had great seats (cente sections about 12 rows from the stage). Costumes were amazing. All day at work today I could not get the songs out of my head.
Now I want to see the movie. Will I be disapponted seeing the movie after the stage perfornance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter