Random thoughts,,,

Is this what they mean by "Christmas cheer", ,
Santa, Santa, he’s our man. If he can’t do it, no one can!

Well, here we are again, another year has passed and we have another Christmas Eve.
I am for certain that for many, this has been a tough year as I am also certain for many that this year has been a blessed year. And in either case, we should always remember that our lives could have been much different, and I for one would like to give thanks for the many blessings that I have enjoy'd this year and at the same time keep those less fortunate locally and around the world in my prayers, especially those in hardship and war torn countries.
I give my thanks and appreciation to all the fine service men and women in the military, law enforcements, and all emergency folk who work all hours for our freedoms, safety and protections,
a wonderful and Merry Christmas to all.

Okay, now that Christmas is over, I wanna voice my displeasure about something I didn't find too Merry.

Did anyone else see the Mario Lopez Christmas Special ???
Oh wait, they called it the "Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade", (sure coulda fooled me :confused3)

Walt Disney would have been embarrassed and ashamed !:scared1:
I felt bad for the man , and he hasn't been with us since 1966 !!

What in the he:rolleyes1 was that ??? They didn't show the parade !!
It was a two hour infomercial !!!

After watching the two hour show, I tried to go back and figure out how many minutes were actually focused on the parade, near as I can figure about 18 minutes. Most of the parade shots were close up-in the face- of characters and if you were fast with the eye and paid really close attention, you could catch glimpses of a couple floats before they did character-face close ups.

Except for the commercials (besides the actual paid commercial breaks) the only thing they showed were the show's and the singing entertainers (who are also under Disney contract and promoted by Disney)
oh, and they showed the crowds of peole that lined the streets,,lots and lots of people , lining the streets, people, a buncha times,,
uh, wasn't there spose to have been a parade ?

Seriously, could it have been any more of a stinking ridiculous shameless Disney PLUG ?

What a joke. :sad2:

Here's something for you to ponder on,

Would you want to work for this company,,or hire this company to work for you?

The following statistics for this company, they have a little more than 500 employees:

* 29 have been accused of spousal abuse
* 7 have been arrested for fraud
* 19 have been accused of writing bad checks
* 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
* 3 have done time for assault
* 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
* 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
* 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
* 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
* 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year ...

and this is just the things we are aware of !

Can you guess which organization this is?

Given up yet?

It's the 535 members of the United States Congress. The same group that cranks out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.

TEN THINGS I REALLY HATE

1. People who point at their wrist while asking for the time. Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to get up and change the channel manually.

3. People who say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. People who say "it's always the last place you look". Yeah, I tend to stop looking once I've found it.

5. When people watching a film say "did you see that?" Do they think I paid $12 to look at the floor?

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?". Did they give you a choice?

7. When something is 'new and improved!'. Which is it?

8. When people say "life is short". Life is the longest damn thing anyone ever does!! What can you do that's longer?

9. When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks "Has the bus come yet?". If the bus came would I be standing here?

10. And there's this one woman I have to work with.

Am I the only one to notice that stairs are getting steeper. Groceries are heavier. And, everything is farther away. Yesterday I walked to the corner and I was dumbfounded to discover how long our street had become !

HAPPY
NEW YEAR !!!

whazz amatta, too loud for you ? :lmao:

see, thats what happens when you start the New Year with a hangover. :lmao:

Let's face it, something is wrong with the English language.

There is no egg in eggplant or ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple.

English muffins were not invented in England or french fries in France. Sweetmeats are candies, while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat.

We take English for granted. But if we explore its paradoxes, we find that quicks and can work slowly, boxing rings are square, and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig. And why is it that writers write, but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce, and hammers don't ham? If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth beeth? One goose, 2 geese. So, one moose, 2 meese? One index, two indices? Is cheese the plural of choose?

If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught? If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?

In what language do people recite at a play, and play at a recital? Ship by truck and send cargo by ship? Have noses that run and feet that smell? Park on driveways and drive on parkways?

How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites? How can the weather be hot as h*ll one day and cold as h*ll another?

When a house burns up, it burns down. You fill in a form by filling it out and an alarm clock goes off by going on.

I don't know why I flunked English. It's not my fault -- the silly language doesn't quite know whether it's coming or going. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter