Rain predicted for entire length of vacation

We are back (BCV from 5/12-19/18 and happy to report that we were able to get in pool time, some sun and loads of fun despite the rain. I will admit, the weather we were dealt was not ideal, but we did everything we wanted and all agreed it was one of the best trips. Yes, it rained and at times it was pretty torrential, but we have been through much, much worse--hurricanes and tropical storms aplenty--this rain was more of a nuisance rain--umbrellas up, umbrellas down, coats on, coats off--you get the idea. We lived in our sneakers and as someone said above, I prefer flip flops in the evening after commando touring parks (with sneakers) in the a.m. to early afternoon. We made the mistake of wearing flip flops one evening because the rain was predicted to be intermittent and light--turned out to be the worst rain of the trip. As soon as we exited IG, those flops were off our feet and we had to barefoot it thereafter (and I don't do barefoot)--it was pouring and the rain gushing down the hill and puddles inches deep. We were laughing all the way back to BCV.

Bottom line, would we have preferred our daily pool time for several hours with gorgeous sunshine--heck yeah, but we are grateful for the four days we did get and thoroughly enjoyed our trip. Good luck to those heading out this week and the foreseeable future because the forecast doesn't appear much better than our week. It may be one of those summers that are exceptionally wet after a dry spring. :confused3 I am keeping my fingers crossed for a dryer, warmer and hurricane free October when we return for F&W. :cheer2:

We are local and walk starting in the mornings, week days at Epcot. Monday last week was the rainiest, but the best day to walk as it was so much cooler than the humidity and dew point other days. I wore sandals with socks which did get very wet. It was less crowded than usual and certainly made up for it the next day.

Heading to WDW Tuesday! What else can I say but rain predicted. Does look like midweek has some sunny spots and of course chance of afternoon showers of 20%-40% but I can handle that and it's to be expected this time of year. Tues and Thu look to be the worse of the week. At least I'm prepared this trip with rain gear. The holiday weekend doesn't look too promising but we'll be on our way home come Saturday anyway. Of course, our weather here in NE next week looks to be gorgeous. It figures! Well, we only have 5 days so we're just going do what we can. We have some dinners planned this trip so that will get us of the rain in the early evenings and hopefully it will hold off for fireworks. All I can do is hope for better weather on your December trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!