Radisson Resort Parkway

DownNeckBoy

Mouseketeer
I just made reservations at The Radisson Resort Parkway for $97 per night for 7-5 & 7-6-02 using the Mousesavers rate. Has anyone stayed at this resort since its renovation? Do you think the rate will go down at all before my check-in dates? Thanks for your help.

:smooth:

We stayed there a few years ago. It really is in Kissimmee so leave time for travel too and from the hotel to the parks. It is your basic hotel, nothing fancy. When we stayed there it was extremely noisy and then I found out they charged their guest to use their transporation to WDW. Needless to say it was not what we expected and wouldnt stay their again. Even the all stars at disney was nicer. For that same price I would probably stay on property. The Moderates like Coronada have been going at a lower rate then you stated for the Radisson. Sorry to seem negative. As I said it is an ordinary hotel no frills.

July is peak season so there might not be discounts available yet. Did you see if CRO had an AAA discount for the all-stars?

I think this is a classic case of book what you can afford now & watch the DIS (& Mousesavers) for deals!

Happy planning :)

I would suggest going ahead and booking the resv. WDW does not release discounts until a month or two out. I usually call after checking mousesavers or the paper and then try and book the discounted rate. Right know disney discounts are only through January. But have have yet to stay their this last year without a discount and we have been about eight times.

We're staying there starting Thursday 12/6. From what I can tell from my extensive internet research, the hotel has changed drastically since its 6/01 renovation. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed - I hate lousy hotels! And, I canceled an $89 rate at Disney PO-R for the $59 rate here.

I'll let you know...

I was at the Radisson Parkway for a week at the end of May/beginning of June right in the middle of the renovation (although our room had already been renovated) and really enjoyed it. We paid about $77 a night, booked only a few weeks in advance, on the hotel's own web site. I'm not sure how much of the renovation was complete when we left but just quickly glancing over the web site it looks pretty much as it did when we were there. I personally never saw any evidence of the renovation except when the rooms didn't have in-room movies or high-speed internet and the front desk told me it was due to the renovation.

Also, we took the shuttle each and every day to Disney or Universal (not old enough to rent a car without exorbitant fees) and it was free and relatively reliable (no more than 5 minutes late or so).

Personally, I loved the hotel. We had it booked for our March 2002 trip until I became "Priceline aware" and discovered I might be able to get Downtown Disney for a lower rate. The pool area was fantastic - one huge (but unheated) free form pool with a waterfall, one heated smaller pool, quite a few of kiddie pools (we don't have kids so I didn't really pay attention). Several restaurants but we mainly ate at a little 50's-style cafe that had cheap decent burgers, fries and shakes.

The rooms were solidly built and I don't think I ever heard the people around us. The TV had about 8 channels, but who's there to watch TV? The rooms weren't huge but they were fine for the few hours a day we spent there. We ended up with the Wyndham Palace thru Priceline for our next trip and I'll definitely be using the Radisson as my basis for comparison. I can already tell the pool area isn't as nice.

Hope that helped!
Brandy

P.S. This is my first ever post after months of lurking - hi everybody! I finally feel comfortable enough to post. :)

Hibmleroy, I see you're from the Bemidji area. Welcome tot the Dist.

Glad you like the Radisson. Where exactly is this hotel. I'm confused, is it on palm parkway north of goodings or down in Kissmmee?

Hercamore

I'm only slightly ashamed to admit I have absolutely no idea. It was our first trip to WDW and Mears took us there from the airport and the shuttle took us to the parks each day.

What I do know is that one night when we decided to take a short walk and explore the surrounding area, we ended up at quite a nice restaurant called Charlie's (a steakhouse) that I've since come across on quite a few web sites. It was in a shopping center that had an outlet store, a seafood restaurant, a small grocery/convenience store, etc. I saw on Hotel Kingdom that it's also within walking distance of a Wendy's, but we never saw it (and my fiance would have been there every meal since it's his favorite fast food and our town's closed last year).

It took quite a while for the Mears shuttle to get there (half hour plus) in reasonable traffic - and we were the only ones in the shuttle. Also, it said on the website it was only 1.5 miles from Disney, but the shuttle drove and drove and drove each day, probably fifteen minutes, and mainly on major highways.

Brandy

It is located on 192 right outside of Disney property. It's literally 1 mile from the entrance to the World. However, once inside the World, it's another 10 to 15 minutes to TTC (for monorail to MK). A little less to EPCOT, AK and MGM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter