Radiator Springs?

Happy99

DIS Veteran
I know this has been asked and answered however I cannot find exactly what I am looking for when I search. I ask for patience for asking something that has probably been asked a gazillion times.

Staying at the villas at Grand Californian
On the dates we are visiting the parks Sunday May 20 and Monday May 21 - based on 2017 park hours
Sunday had EMH at 7am at CA and at 9am at CA on Monday.
Park hours were Sunday DL park 8am until midnight / Monday 9am until midnight
CA hours were Sunday 8am-10pm / Monday 10am-9pm

Assuming this will be the same for 2018 what is the best way to make sure we get on Radiator Springs? If I take the GC entrance to CA which way should I head and where is the fast pass distribution center? Should I send someone along to get in line while someone else gets fast passes?

Thank you in advance

The GC and RSR are pretty much opposite each other with GRR in the middle , so When you come of GC and turn left towards the main gates then right at the round about , further down the road you will come across RSR FP area , you will then continue along Path toward Carsland . If you come out of GC and go right you will need to go up towards the pier then veer left , go past Carsland and then the RSR FP will be on your right ! If you want to do two rides then yes your party should head towards the ride I would go left . And send your FP runner left . Then make their way toward ride . Hoping your party won’t be to far along the line . Some people don’t like line holding ! Traditionally Sundays are more busy than Mondays due to local traffic coming into the parks . Also keep in mind sometimes it’s easier to go through the main gates because they have a lot more gates open and you will have already gone through bag check . And unless they have changed GC enterance only has two bag checkers , and it gets backed up . For early entry I believe they only allow GC guests and then when park open to gen public they allow other guests to use that entry . Also I feel that when you come in through main gates is closer to the FP as it’s straight in, slight right at the round and that’s where they do rope drop as opposed to coming out of hotel and back tracking around . But this applies more for none early entry . I haven’t done it in CDA just DL .

DO NOT TAKE THE GCH ENTRANCE TO DCA FOR EMH. In case you missed that here it is again: DO NOT TAKE THE GCH ENTRANCE TO DCA FOR EMH. Anytime after the first couple hours of park opening it's great. Before that avoid!! It's a time suck waste of your morning. Walk a bit more through DtD to the main DCA gate and then walk onto RSR during EMH while all the other GCH guests are still waiting to go through security and get into the park. Fwiw the EMH crowds for RSR have dropped dramatically since GOTG opened- at least that was my experience in Sept & Dec.

Line cutting is considered very bad form at attractions so I would absolutely not send someone to wait in line and someone else to get FPs who will then catch up to the group in line. I'd ride RSR first and then pull a FP for it. There will be plenty available.

Have you considered getting Max Pass? We were able to get RS passes 4 times in 2 days and get the passes while we were doing rides in DL. For me it was so worth the extra cost, no running to the FP machine and being able to get the pass as soon as I entered either park.

Get max pass at least on your EMH day. As soon as you step through the gates, get a digital fastpass. Go to the ride and ride. As soon as your fp is good or 90 minutes, scan in and get another fastpass for it while you are making your way through the fastpass line. Go ride soarin and your fastpass should be ready again. That's 3 rides before 11 for sure. Maybe even 4 if you do standby again after the first time before the fastpass. Its very easy with emh access. Then start collecting for DL and make your way over there. Try to time it so you can get a Night time fastpass for rsr also. You will be amazed at how much you can accomplish with emh and maxpass starting at dca. We usually start there even on DL days with maxpass

I agree with Navada Jen!

We did this a bit differently tho, park hopping and doing all the rides in the first morning and then again at night for a totally different experience. We were able to book RSR FP for the evenings around 2:30 for an 8:30-9:30 return. That said it was mid-January and not super busy when we were there.

DO NOT TAKE THE GCH ENTRANCE TO DCA FOR EMH. In case you missed that here it is again: DO NOT TAKE THE GCH ENTRANCE TO DCA FOR EMH. Anytime after the first couple hours of park opening it's great. Before that avoid!! It's a time suck waste of your morning. Walk a bit more through DtD to the main DCA gate and then walk onto RSR during EMH while all the other GCH guests are still waiting to go through security and get into the park. Fwiw the EMH crowds for RSR have dropped dramatically since GOTG opened- at least that was my experience in Sept & Dec.
OP, in case you misunderstood @gottalovepluto, be advised not to use the GCH entrance to DCA for EMH. In other words, I totally agree.

:wizard:

I know this has been asked and answered however I cannot find exactly what I am looking for when I search. I ask for patience for asking something that has probably been asked a gazillion times.

Staying at the villas at Grand Californian
On the dates we are visiting the parks Sunday May 20 and Monday May 21 - based on 2017 park hours
Sunday had EMH at 7am at CA and at 9am at CA on Monday.
Park hours were Sunday DL park 8am until midnight / Monday 9am until midnight
CA hours were Sunday 8am-10pm / Monday 10am-9pm

Assuming this will be the same for 2018 what is the best way to make sure we get on Radiator Springs? If I take the GC entrance to CA which way should I head and where is the fast pass distribution center? Should I send someone along to get in line while someone else gets fast passes?

Thank you in advance
Your thread was featured on today's DIS Daily Fix! :goodvibes

Thanks everyone. Got it NO to GC entrance for RS :D
We do plan on getting Max Pass for one of the days.

Not at park opening or Early Entry opening. After the initial park surge and entry queue dies down, then for sure use the GC entrance!

Not at park opening or Early Entry opening. After the initial park surge and entry queue dies down, then for sure use the GC entrance!

Even if you are staying at GC? You should use the main entrance for EE or park opening? Thinking about staying at GC next summer for D23 and the possible Space Madness... I mean opening of Galaxy's Edge.

Even if you are staying at GC? You should use the main entrance for EE or park opening? Thinking about staying at GC next summer for D23 and the possible Space Madness... I mean opening of Galaxy's Edge.
Yes, even at GCH. There is a bottleneck at the GCH-DCA entrance. Only two turnstiles and security checks. Much faster to get into DCA thru the main entrance. Once the morning bottleneck is gone then the special entrance to DCA is great.

Star Wars Land is at DL and there is no special entrance to DL from GCH or anywhere.

Yes, even at GCH. There is a bottleneck at the GCH-DCA entrance. Only two turnstiles and security checks. Much faster to get into DCA thru the main entrance. Once the morning bottleneck is gone then the special entrance to DCA is great.

Star Wars Land is at DL and there is no special entrance to DL from GCH or anywhere.

I knew I couldn't enter DLP from GC, but I think the entire resort is going to be nuts next summer when it opens. Thanks

We were lazy and didn’t feel like walking to the main entrance of DCA from VGC this past Friday morning for EMH. We got down there at about 6:50 for a 7am EMH. It was not bad at all, and way faster getting over to RS FP distribution than when we entered through the main entrance during our last visit. YMMV but it was fantastic for a So Cal holiday weekend.

I think I commented on this in another thread, or maybe another forum... but you should also be aware that going thru security from the GC into DTD also has a backup problem for EMH. At that point there are also only 2 security lines and it gets congested at the opening times. So, regardless of which GC checkpoint you go thru, plan to arrive earlier than you think you should. My experience was trying to get to EMH at DL through the GC security checkpoint into DTD. We arrived about 15 minutes early and it was already backed up into the hotel lobby. We decided to walk across the street to the Disneyland Hotel entrance/security checkpoint. Long walk, but lots more security lines and it went fast. So, we did not actually make it into the park until about 7:30. So, word to the wise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter