Quick Service Alcohol Selections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with updates on pool bar as quick service? Particularly Uzima at AKL and Leaping Horse at BW? Their menus on the official website still doesn't say anything about having to phone private dining to get a hamburger... Hoping to get a decent QS meal and a cocktail at the pool bars..

Anyone with updates on pool bar as quick service? Particularly Uzima at AKL and Leaping Horse at BW? Their menus on the official website still doesn't say anything about having to phone private dining to get a hamburger... Hoping to get a decent QS meal and a cocktail at the pool bars..

Not those 2 specifically, but I did ask at the Paddock Grill/bar at Saratoga. They told me normally I could get any alcoholic drink, but their bartender didn't work that late (I think it was around 7:30pm and it was open til 9pm). So at that time, we were restricted to bottled beer/wine or they had some premade mojitos and margaritas (I believe big jugs premixed by the bartender before he/she left), maybe some other premade option.

We ended up going to the carriage house quick service place and getting a dessert instead of our drink for that meal.

We ate at Maji Pool bar at AKL Kidani. I had a pina colava and my husband had a draft beer and they were included. The QS was grab and go though and just ok; good if you just wanted salad or a hot dog.

Can anyone comment on the resort QS restaurants.. Example at POP I believe you can use 2 QS to get a family pizza.. Can i then get either then 2 beers or wines with that?

Can anyone comment on the resort QS restaurants.. Example at POP I believe you can use 2 QS to get a family pizza.. Can i then get either then 2 beers or wines with that?

Nobody has reported back on this particular scenario. You may have to do it and let us know.

Anyone use QSDP to get drinks at Pop, either food court or Petals pool bar?
Can you get them at petals with
DP( don't you have to buy food to use with QSDP?)

It looks like Petals serves food that could be a QS credit, so it's definitely worth a try. The reports above have said the resort pool bars are the best places to use the QS credit and get a variety of alcohol instead of just beer or wine.

Yeah I’m wondering about Petals at Pop Century too. I don’t even know what food options they have there. Would love to use a QSDP credit for food and a mixed drink. Has anyone tried at Pop yet?

Yeah I’m wondering about Petals at Pop Century too. I don’t even know what food options they have there. Would love to use a QSDP credit for food and a mixed drink. Has anyone tried at Pop yet?

Petals didn't have any food just alcohol.

Edit - I see someone says they do serve food. We didnt see any but we also weren't trying to use the plan there. So I guess someone with actual experience would be better than me.

I've stayed at Pop several times and I've never seen food at Petals. I can't imagine that they would be equipped to serve food but I guess it is possible that changes have been made. However, the official Disney menu lists no food, only drinks. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/pop-century-resort/petals-pool-bar/menus/

If you want CS at Pop, I assume you're limited to Everything Pop and would be able to add beer or wine to your meal from the Grab n' Go section.

Does anyone have experience using a QS credit at Polite Pig? The drink menu is very interesting there!

Does anyone have experience using a QS credit at Polite Pig? The drink menu is very interesting there!

No actual experience but we did ask and they told me there were no restrictions on the drinks, anything on the menu was fair game. We ended up going to D-Luxe instead and I got a boozy milkshake for my drink there. My husband went with beer.

Edit - I'm sure there are restrictions on the higher end scotch and whiskey but all the mixed drinks were included.

I was basing the food possibility off allearsnet.com menu here: http://allears.net/dining/menu/petals-pool-bar/all-day

However, I also have a vague recollection from MANY years ago when my cousin and brother spent a day by the pool and they were happy they got food from the pool bar because they didn't want to go all the way to the food court.

However #2 allearsnet.com does NOT show food offerings at any other value pool bar menu, but they're showing the menu at Petals as being updated as of December. Strange.

Someone please go to Petals and let us know if there really is food or not. And while you're at it, visit the other values and check their pool bars as well.

I was basing the food possibility off allearsnet.com menu here: http://allears.net/dining/menu/petals-pool-bar/all-day

However, I also have a vague recollection from MANY years ago when my cousin and brother spent a day by the pool and they were happy they got food from the pool bar because they didn't want to go all the way to the food court.

However #2 allearsnet.com does NOT show food offerings at any other value pool bar menu, but they're showing the menu at Petals as being updated as of December. Strange.

Someone please go to Petals and let us know if there really is food or not. And while you're at it, visit the other values and check their pool bars as well.

We all know Disney's information is subject to change :upsidedow, but neither Petals nor the other Value pool bars are listed as participating in the DDP per the "official line"

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/m...ld/en_us/PDF/Jan_2018_DDP_Locations_added.pdf

Another piece of the puzzle:
I just looked at the Petals menu on Touring Plans and it is the same as AllEars. It adds that that Petals has some DDP non-alcoholic beverages that count as snack credits BUT does not participate in the DDP.

???

It participates for snacks but not meals? The smoothies are over $5.50 so they would be a good way to spend a snack credit...if allowed.

I agree with the PP, I would love to hear an actual report from Pop! :sunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter