Questions about teen at Aulani

Jkpark

DIS Veteran
I haven't been to Aulani since 2013. At that time - I remember they had a teen spa. I just started researching as we are heading back in October - and I'm sort of nervous for my then 14 year old. So they changed the teen spa to a salon for 3-12 year olds, who already have Auntie's? We are going with her sister and three cousins (all 3-12) and she will be the only one without a place to go hang out when she wants to. The lazy river will be closed. I'm not a big fan of leaving her alone in a pool regardless of her age and being a strong swimmer. Do I just hope she makes a friend? I might make us facial appointments one day, just trying to think through this. It sounds like the teen activities aren't well attended? Maybe that will change with the lazy river closed?

Anyone have advice for me? I'm happy to have her with me as much as she wants to be, but she is a teenager and might feel left out with the other kids being able to do other fun stuff together the whole time...

Painted Sky must have only changed fairly recently. We were there in April 2018 and it was still based on teens - our eldest was just turning 13 the next month so didn’t qualify.

Our kids never used Aunty’s or any activities after their very first visit at ages 6, 4 and 2. They basically preferred to play together in the lagoon, pools, slides etc. I don’t know whether it’s because we are Australians or that they always look like they are having so much fun but every day they ended up making at least 1-2 new friends.

Will her sister and cousins spend all their time at Aunty’s? Our kids really preferred to play on their own terms. It looks as if there are still some teen activities at night time so maybe try one or two of those and see if she finds people there.

Painted Sky must have only changed fairly recently. We were there in April 2018 and it was still based on teens - our eldest was just turning 13 the next month so didn’t qualify.

Our kids never used Aunty’s or any activities after their very first visit at ages 6, 4 and 2. They basically preferred to play together in the lagoon, pools, slides etc. I don’t know whether it’s because we are Australians or that they always look like they are having so much fun but every day they ended up making at least 1-2 new friends.

Will her sister and cousins spend all their time at Aunty’s? Our kids really preferred to play on their own terms. It looks as if there are still some teen activities at night time so maybe try one or two of those and see if she finds people there.

I am sure they will spend most of their time all together in the pool or lagoon. I was just thinking if there was an activity or two the younger kids wanted to go into Auntie's for, it would just leave her out if there didn't happen to be a teen event going on at the time.

And you are right - our last time there they easily friended other children in the pools, so I should probably just let it work itself out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts