Questions about borrowing points

Jeromysgrl

Earning My Ears
Hi! I’m looking for some reassurance and I figured this is a great place to get good answers! We are traveling to WDW at the end of April 2019, we are staying at a non home resort so we can book September. We will need to borrow points from the 2020 year to cover the close to 100 points that were short and our UY is March. So here is the question: we shouldn’t have any trouble booking in September of 2018 for a stay in 2019 and borrowing points from the 2020 year, right? Because the points will be available to borrow when we stay at the end of April. But they won’t be available per say at the time of booking because it’s befor our UY of March when we book in September. I know confusing with all the dates. Basically, so long as the points are available for borrowing at the time of the stay we should be fine to book in September, correct? Thanks!

Hi! I’m looking for some reassurance and I figured this is a great place to get good answers! We are traveling to WDW at the end of April 2019, we are staying at a non home resort so we can book September. We will need to borrow points from the 2020 year to cover the close to 100 points that were short and our UY is March. So here is the question: we shouldn’t have any trouble booking in September of 2018 for a stay in 2019 and borrowing points from the 2020 year, right? Because the points will be available to borrow when we stay at the end of April. But they won’t be available per say at the time of booking because it’s befor our UY of March when we book in September. I know confusing with all the dates. Basically, so long as the points are available for borrowing at the time of the stay we should be fine to book in September, correct? Thanks!

Yes, you are correct. They are available at time of booking, right now 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 points are in your account, see My Vaxation Points online. All points use is based on the date of stay. April would be in your 2019 use year, so 2020 can be borrowed.

Yes, you are correct. They are available at time of booking, right now 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 points are in your account, see My Vaxation Points online. All points use is based on the date of stay. April would be in your 2019 use year, so 2020 can be borrowed.

Thank you so much! I just used some of my current ones to books rooms at the Disneyland hotel I. Two weeks so it made me short and now I’ll need to borrow from 2020. It has been giving me anxiety lol. Thanks so much for easing my fears!

Yes, you’re right. What matters is what points are available at the time of the stay, not when you make the reservation. So for an April 2019 stay, since it falls in your 2019 UY, you can use 2019 points and borrow 2020 points.

you are correct in your thinking. If you wanted to travel prior to your UY of March (Jan or Feb 2019) then you would not have access to your 2020 points. So with traveling in April (your March 2019 UY) you have access to those 2020 points.

We also have a March uy and just made reservations for July 2019 for 24 people (graduation celebration...and the request was family and friends at Disney). We had to bank 2018 points and borrow from 2020. Lucky for us we had banked points from last year and we’re getting ready to leave in 6 days!

Thank you so much! I just used some of my current ones to books rooms at the Disneyland hotel I. Two weeks so it made me short and now I’ll need to borrow from 2020. It has been giving me anxiety lol. Thanks so much for easing my fears!

So...in the future, if you’re staying at DLH again, you might consider renting out that amount of points and just paying cash for the room. It might work better for you.

Can’t change it now, but for the future. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter