Question to those who have had COVID

My symptoms are dwindling! I’m still tired and cough a bit. A lot of my taste has come back too. That round the clock sleep really helped.

Does anyone here have long Covid? That is terrifying.

Today marks 1 week since symptoms started. Kept feeling better, then worse again. Yesterday my ears stopped up and I felt really congested so went back to urgent care. They did an X-ray and I have pneumonia.
I’m sorry to see that you have pneumonia. I hope it clears up quickly.

I got it on a cruise ship this past July (symptoms literally showed up the night before disembarkation). I had lost my sense of smell and taste about 3 days later. I had congestion and was blowing my nose constantly.

I tried to taste something...anything. The only thing that had a smidgen of taste was honey. For smell testing, I literally put cologne practically up my nostrils, but to no avail. I was genuinely fearful that I may never regain those senses.

But it was about 5 days later when the taste buds returned along with smelling capabilities. I was overjoyed! I was on a cruise last week, but this time I had a vaccine taken about 10 days after my bout with it. This should/would give me some level of protection. I'm now on a holding pattern for a few more weeks as I need to wait at least 2 months before I should/could receive the latest vaccine for the variant(s).

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest