Question for DVC Members and Tickets

JimFitz

<font color=deeppink>possum chauffeur<br><font col
I am going to purchase a 10day MyWay ticket with Park Hopping and no Expiry. I am also looking at adding the Magic Plus option since we will be going to TYPHOON Lagoon. Here are my questions.

1.) I heard we get a DVC discount off the gate admission price at Typhoon Lagoon. Is this true? Can someone confirm?

2.) I see that Magic plus entitles me to 5 visits to the waterparks or Pleasure Island. My question is do these 5 visits come in addition to the 10day park hopping ticket? I mean if I just want to go to Typhoon Lagoon and no other park for that day, would that come off of my 10day park ticket? Would it count as one day or are the 5 visits independent of that?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

JimFitz said:
I am going to purchase a 10day MyWay ticket with Park Hopping and no Expiry. I am also looking at adding the Magic Plus option since we will be going to TYPHOON Lagoon. Here are my questions.

1.) I heard we get a DVC discount off the gate admission price at Typhoon Lagoon. Is this true? Can someone confirm?
Yes - it's $4 off (adult) and $3 off (child)

JimFitz said:
2.) I see that Magic plus entitles me to 5 visits to the waterparks or Pleasure Island. My question is do these 5 visits come in addition to the 10day park hopping ticket? I mean if I just want to go to Typhoon Lagoon and no other park for that day, would that come off of my 10day park ticket? Would it count as one day or are the 5 visits independent of that?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
THe 5 plus options are separate from the 10 major park days. If you only go to TL, you would use 1 of the 5 plus options and none of the 10 park days.

Best wishes -

1) Yes, there is a discount, but it is only $4 off of the "gate" price for single day tickets. That means you'll still be paying over $30 per adult, per DAY for those visits. DEFINITELY more worthwhile to add the Plus Pack.

2) The 5 Plus Visits are independent of your 10 theme park days. Just remember you will use up one Plus for each individual park you visit in a single day. If you want to spend the afternoon at Typhoon Lagoon and the night at Pleasure Island, that will use 2 of your Plus visits.

Thanks folks, this has made my decision. I am off to ticketmania.com to purchase 10 day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopping, No Expiry, and Magic Plus.

I can not believe I am going to spend $758 on Disney tickets!! :) I guess I should consider myself lucky that my three boys are still under 3 years old and free.

3 boys under 3 :faint:

Seriously, let me know how TL goes. We have avoided the water parks so far (one son is 5 and 1/2 and one is 3 and 1/2) because it seems like such an expense with not so good swimmers yet.

Have fun!

lllovell said:
3 boys under 3 :faint:

Seriously, let me know how TL goes. We have avoided the water parks so far (one son is 5 and 1/2 and one is 3 and 1/2) because it seems like such an expense with not so good swimmers yet.

Have fun!

Yes, 3 boys under 3! My wife is a saint, a crazy saint but still a saint.

We have twin boys that are 2 1/2 and a 14 month old boy. We have decided to try for the girl one more time and if not, we are done! I could try forever :banana: :goodvibes but my wife says one more and that's it.

Anyway, TL was awesome with the little ones. We got chairs under a palm tree right near the kid play area (great for little ones). I should mention we have my MIL and FIL there to keep an eye on the kids as well. There is also an alcove section of the wave pool where little ones can gather, experience some waves, and still be safe from the main pool.

lllovell said:

You don't need to be a good swimmer to enjoy TL. We've been there many times with our kids. Both parks have great kiddie areas. We took our 4yo on the family raft ride (like Kali River Rapids on steroids), and both kids loved the wave pool. We have yet to make it to the coast when any sizable waves were coming in. I think the phenomenon of seeing these big waves rolling in at TL was just overwhelming to him. I'd grab one of the kids and wade out about 50-75' from shore and just wait for the waves to crash into us. Personally I took a pounding, but the kids loved it. :)

DW and I couldn't get enough of the new Crushin Gusher watercoaster. We did all three tracks, and wished we had more time to do each again.

In all of our visits, we still have yet to make it up to the shark pool.

About half of the time we visit Disney, we end up saying to ourselves "we just don't have enough time for the waterparks this trip." The other half of the time we actually go to the waterparks and end up kicking ourselves for skipping them in the past.

JimFitz - off topic, but good luck when you try for a baby girl. My DD is expecting baby boy #5 in December and her oldest was 6 in April. She tells me that she is done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter